Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Hi everyone,
Here is a downtempo track I made using my Digitakt.

1 Like

finally got around to getting this to “good enough”.
I’ve climbed that 3/4 time sig hill on the DT and made it down the other side. Everybody needs to try this at least once!

4 Likes

Hello,
I just posted another solo Digitakt composition.

3 Likes

Finaly it’s here ! Twelve beats made with the digitakt when i get it last winter.

8 Likes

My first jam on DT, not really a production as such, just fudging around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some ambient noodlings…

3 Likes

2 Likes

here’s one - short and sweet.
a bit of resampling “bounce downs” to make the most of the 8 tracks.
thoughts?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time on the couch using the Elektron Digitakt as a portable standalone groovebox, usually with an extra synth connected to its inputs. It’s pretty amazing how much you can get out of it, especially when using single-cycle waveforms for melodic parts.

This particular track was inspired by one of my favorite “youtube performers” (Mika Forsling) and his work with the Vermona Perfourmer , so I used 4 tracks of the Digitakt as mono synths, and the other 4 for rhytmic duties. The Dreadbox typhon is taking care of the lead on the final buildup. Both devices are powered using powerbanks, in the Digitakt’s case with a MyVolts 12v Ripcord usb cable.

10 Likes

I’m working on small house music set on Digitakt. This track is made on Digitakt, master out is coming into Octatrack for remixing using scenes.

5 Likes

Digitakt and PO20 Arcade, a short dance track.

3 Likes

I already shared this beat tape on the Elektron Hiphop thread, it’s made only with the DT, stereo out recorded in ableton.

8 Likes

Just finished this one yesterday! All digitakt through the heat with no other processing in one take!
Performance limitations aside, you can program some absolute insanity on this bad boi.

6 Likes

More of my house stuff :wink:

5 Likes

nice one, is it DT or DT+DN?
Reminds me of Dave Mech’s style a bit :slight_smile:

I like the style, but i don’t like it’s sound(it’s subjective). Flat.
To explain, i am searching for a digitakt companion, and am interested in the octa, but often my ears tell me there is something off with the octa overal sound?

Keep doing what you doing, productions are great.

Got a nice video of that beat I posted recently! Just some heat on the output, no digital processing, and all digitakt otherwise :metal:t4: https://youtu.be/mAbu-6DvhKU

1 Like

My first complete track on DT. I started making it the first day I got the box. Every sample is either factory or from Elektron’s free sample packs. :laughing:

5 Likes

Hi Pico, yes Octa sounds flat, this is well known “advantage” of it. Some people are denying it, but if I will unplug Digi from Octa inputs the difference is obvious. In this track I was experimenting too much with master effects on iPad during recording. Besides that, I think it will never sounds good if producing on such a combo Digitakt and Octatrack, post production is a must. I just invested into Ableton last month. I will see what I can do with these sounds there.