Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Woah those three beats are so smooth, nice work!
No pressure, but a full on mixtape with this vibe please

2 Likes

Thanks. And that’s in the works

2 Likes

As I’m striking today I had time to mess around and explore the Digitakt on its lovely own…

6 Likes

Putting an LFO on the sample slot is always fun. Ran everything through a Space Echo to widen things up.

5 Likes

This EP is entirely done with the Digitakt.

4 Likes

Think I’ve finally figured out how to use the new DT machines took me awhile as sample music is not my bag…

This is just a drum loop, piano sample, vocal sample and three tracks of a Juno stab played out in the DT buttons

3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Already posted in the current sounds thread, but it has bitcrushed 909 drums in it and I just noticed this will be post 909 so I thought, why not share it here as well? :man_shrugging::blush:

1 Like

Digitakt, Bass station, microfreak

2 Likes

As kindly requested by @B_LD and @Tchu, a full-length version of something I’d done at half the length for the Current Sounds thread (head over there if you’re impatient). It’s trance-friendly ambient using the DigiSphere sound pack by @substan. In fact, I am using the “init” sounds in the example project provided to set delay and reverb parameters, as a quick solution to option paralysis. But I tweaked them somewhat, chose one more for the empty track, and the arrangement, programming, and live manipulation is all mine. DT only, one take into H1n, no post-processing.

11 Likes

Love that! That’s going on the cans as I close my eyes tonight.

1 Like

“Your work puts me to sleep” is not usually a compliment, but I’ll take it as one!

2 Likes

Fair point…but not what I meant at all obvs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I’m going to push back gently on this…music and words, smells and sounds that accompany rest, stillness or sleep have somewhat privileged access to a different kind of brain-time. A time when thoughts can be processed and reorganised, when the dust might settle, and synthesis occur.

[FYI like a lot about your track conscious and otherwise]

1 Like

Sure. I was being deliberately silly for comic effect.

I personally can’t fall asleep to anything more organized than white noise. I’d probably start listening to an LFO on the colour of the noise.

But drones and slow repetition take me closer to that liminal state you describe.

1 Like

I made this the other day, have since worked it into a fully produced track which I’m really happy with. Vive le Digitakt!

7 Likes
9 Likes

First post and new to music production :slight_smile:

Just sampled a guitar riff a buddy sent me; all created on the digitakt

4 Likes

Made a little Guru-esque jam with the Digitakt and some recordings from a local music night.

Definitely overcooked the bass frequencies!

6 Likes