Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Some trap/drill beats i wrote tonight

3 Likes

Hi Elektronauts!

I wanted to share my live project where I use the Digitakt as the heart and brain of my workflow and only use Ableton for a couple of vsts and those long-spoken samples (because of the limited RAM space in the Digitakt).

I also wanted to share my Digitakt-Ableton Overbridge project as I think this could be useful to some of you.

I made a very well-organized (at least for my workflow) Ableton Live Template which has the audio and MIDI channels set up so you donā€™t have to do it every time you open up a new project. I use Digitakt as the brain in my workflow, controlling all the VST instruments in Ableton from the MIDI channels on the Digitakt. This makes for an extremely powerful and portable setup that allows you to make music on the go with just a Digitakt and a laptop. I used this setup to make this live set in the video.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions just ask!

The google drive link with the als. file is below.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wP5yAfdmK1z9eTgRXWq91uINz1Bg2co0?fbclid=IwAR0b8OMMqbT4_ftohsXwh8JH0HqWw9x1in5bzAc-J1PF3KFc6iqT3Deg69k

7 Likes
2 Likes

Been really enjoying pairing the Digitakt with a Tascam 4-Track recenlty, also using the digitakt for breakbeats which as I guess you all know is a slow, tedious and manual process as you canā€™t auto-slice - but what I like about it is that itā€™s prone to happy accidents. It might be cool for if you hold down FUNC as you move Sample Start it does it in 8th / 16th increments:

8 Likes

I didnā€™t gel 100% with the Digitakt but I still love this track :smiley:

2 Likes

Since my Digitakt kept collecting dust (since I prefer synthesis so much), I busted it out for something I donā€™t have on any of my other synths: Wavetables! Iā€™ve used wavetables from https://waveeditonline.com/ and Iā€™ve used LFOs to either sweep through them or just in small random amounts to make the percussion sound more ā€˜naturalā€™, especially the kick since it has quite some retrigs. Enjoy :wink:

12 Likes

subscribed

1 Like

here are a couple digitakt projects sound material are various synths (plumbutter, shnth, digitone) recorded into digitakt for arranging/sequencing

5 Likes

That wobbliness of the sounds in second tune, is it lfoā€™s on pitch on digitakt, or the wobbliness is in the samples themselves? Very nice track with very nice textures!

1 Like

Wobbliness happens in a few different ways:

1. Digitone patches themselves (amp volume parameter being modulated by a sine LFO with its depth being modulated by the second LFO set to random fade in both LFOs)
  2. Sometimes Iā€™ll run the digitone through a tape emulation pedal for wow and flutter then into the digitakt
  3. The Shbobo Shnth bars controlling the amp envelope of its patches are the most wobbly and probably my favorite way.

Thanks for listening. You picked up on the element of the sounds that Iā€™ve been super into exploring lately.

3 Likes

It sounds really cool. The wobbliness, the hiss and the reverse effects give it a nice kind of sound collage kind of feel even though itā€™s all original stuff. I like it.

Hereā€™s something completely different. This was a remix that I did for a beat battle we had here a little while back. Iā€™m just getting around to uploading things to my channel. This is all Digitakt. The vocals are all on the Digitakt. Most of the samples are from kung fu movies that are linked in the description.

8 Likes

Hej, I changed my whole setup to having the DIgitakt as a centerpiece (DAWless). I do MIDI and Sampletrax for all productions since 2020.
Here are examples:

Underwater Dystopia | MAS 2008 (bandcamp.com)

The Caspian Sea Monster | MAS 2008 (bandcamp.com)

Blush Response Test | MAS 2008 (bandcamp.com)

Submerged! | MAS 2008 (bandcamp.com)

3 Likes

A 96 seconds micro mix i did of 1991 club classic ā€œUltraviolet - Kitesā€ on the Digitakt.

Have a great weekend

1 Like

I did a quick, short track with the new firmware 1.50.
Those slice-machines are cool! I recorded an arpeggio of 16 steps with one of dtā€™s built-in sounds into a new sample and used slice machines to turn that into both the bass and the arp in this track:

6 Likes

Itā€™s not 100% Digitakt only (thereā€™s a little of Microfreak there), but here it is. I just LOOOVEEE new Sample Rate Reduction from 1.50, it sounds sooo cool and beefy!

4 Likes

Some drones I made all on Digitakt:

2 Likes

This is something I did to practice with samples before 1.5 then came out which probably would make it a nice one to re-visit:

3 Likes

Magic Beans ļ½€ ;: 悛 ; ļ½€ ; ļ½„ (Ā° Īµ Ā° )

Hi,

Hereā€™s a track with the (fantastic) new update for the Digitakt, using every new feature to jam along.

I sampled the Digitone, the 1952 movie ā€œJack and the beanstalkā€, and used different samples from Intimate Noise and the Legowelt collections. The drums come from Oliver Drums.

I hope youā€™ll like it!

9 Likes

I just released a small album which is not EDM/electronica
but more a kind of alternative music with songs.
Within it, 3 of the tracks were produced using the digitakt at 80% ( besides a few vocals, violin and some soft synths)
Here are the links;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfmYWeAvuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zMFC6VwVnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApEN1A2x5BQ

Feel free to share and listen to the other part of the album.
Donā€™t be to mean on the sound quality, it is self produced (and mastered by a friend).

Cheers

1 Like

Hereā€™s a thing I did today with my Digitakt. Itā€™s a couple of beats that I used that scene trick to blend together and do little tricks and what not.

18 Likes