Your favorite glitch machine, pedal or vst?

Tomorrow I’ll put my new CT5 on the OT’s cue out to glitch the glitch in loopy glitchness ssssss! Yes.

Long live the glitch.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I still turn on my MacOS 10.6.8 to use Livecut often!
Glitchbreaks on iOS is lovely too.

1 Like

OT =ultimate hardware?

Depends on what you want to do. Could be for some. It is completely sample based so for me Digitone is the main composing tool and sound design machine. I love the power, possibilities and control of using synthesis for every sound so Digitone is still more important but together they are sublime :grinning:

1 Like

I just remembered I did this. Loaded an audio file that I ripped off of a podcast about one of the early American presidents - forgot if it was John Adams or Thomas Jefferson - into OT. Then did some messing around with LFOs and Flex machine(s) - working a lot with retrigs, sample start, etc…

1 Like

Yes good feat with digitone

This guy made an Elektron style glitch patch in Bitwig.

Have been listening to some bitwig talks while doing things around the house this weekend and must say that I am getting more and more interested in it.

4 Likes

Checking out some glitch stuff modules in eurorack (if put in a 4MSPOD or mini skiff it’s just like a pedal)

The new Qu-bit Data bender looks like and sounds a winner.

1 Like

Amazing Noises Dedalus

1 Like

Anyone try the new sequencer plugin Tactic from Glitchmachines yet?

2 Likes

After trying lots of ‘glitch’ vsts and aus, I think I need to get circuit bent hardware. Though a software trick that works is loading the stranger wavetables from Galbanum Architecture into a sampler or granular synth like Audio Damage Quanta.

This Roland R8/U110/U220 patch box sounds good, and doesn’t require any soldering. This bent Zoom 1201 cheapo FX rack sounds good too. Wasn’t too impressed with the Qu-Bit Data Bender demos.

Does anyone use circuit-bent hardware? I wish I had held onto my Casio RZ1 drum machine/sampler, as it’d be nice to bend samples.

1 Like

Just wanted to come in and say I talked myself out of needing an OT. I love my digitakt and persuaded myself it was enough. Also I reasoned that the OT was simply too old and had too steep a learning curve to dive in at this late stage. I picked up drambo as a compromise and felt great that I’d swerved the acquisition syndrome.

Then I watched the above video last night. And all of the above logic has shot straight out my hoop.

ffs.

6 Likes

Ha, so it always will be with OT. Many others have said it but you can buy, try, decide if it’s for you and if not sell if for basically the same money…
This video probably won’t help:

1 Like

nice. are you sending clock and gate to the eurorack from OT???

1 Like

Ah - not my video (but one of those that convinced me to get an OT) - I think I see a MIDI cable coming out of the OT? Looks like a MIDI cable going into the Euro bottom left?

1 Like

So I bought an Octatrack. I’m not going to feel guilty. I was silly to think I could evade it forever. Im going to insert the digitakt and digitone into its entrances as soon as it arrives. (Now all I need is a behringer neutron, some neumann kh120 speakers, a new mic, and possibly a microcosm and I’ll be set).

(maybe a morphagene)

2 Likes

The learning curve is longer if you’re too old. :content:
OT being 10 years old and unique, I can’t say it’s too old.

Excellent for glitch under control. Up to 250 parameters can be morphed with scenes/crossfader. Random modulations can also be under control with lfos, lfo designer, trig conditions, slices, slides, realtime resampling with feedback…

Have fun! To begin, I recommend to slice a one bar loop, 8 slices, create linear locks (check manual), and morph scenes with crossfader.
With sliced you stay synced even using pitch (timestretch TSTR off).

No sure if you’ll need to buy more after…

2 Likes

Simon the Magpie has some new pedals

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies !