Your favorite glitch machine, pedal or vst?

…real glitch, that sexy and gnarly stuff can’t be really found in pedals…

there’s some mircocosm and some otobitzz…

but the real deal comes always via plugins…

and yes glitchmachines do what they say…effektrix does it nicely…stutteredit can glitch…
good old bufferoverride is glitch…handmade grain cutups are glitch…breaktweaker can glich pretty gridlocked…and bitwig speaks glitch whenever and where ever u say so all over the place…

Anything in pedal form that’s new for bit crush and sample rate reduction?

I have the Ottobit jnr, I enjoy it, but sample rate can be a pain to get sounding right, especially if you have anything remotely noisy in front of it as then you get this constant whining noise.

Nothing seems to come close to resampling through my 303 on lo-fi.

2 Likes

I am not sooo sure of any pedals but TAL DAC sounds really good for sample rate reduction of the old school sampler variety.

Probably doesn’t meet your use case but figured I’d mention

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Will check that out.

Not new, not a pedal : the Octatrack. :rofl:

On a serious note. Have you tried the Hotone Krush. It’s a mini pedal.

2 Likes

No no no no no. I’m not listening :hear_no_evil:
I REALLY don’t need a 4th sampler :crazy_face:

Though I was looking at the Make Noise tape and Microsounds system…. That’s x1 OT, 1x SP404mk2 and x1 blackbox money right there lol. I’d be saving money if I look at it like that!!

3 Likes

The Hotone Krush cost less than nothing.

WMD Geiger Counter? I’ve not used it and it doesn’t seem to have a blend control. Personally, I use Bitwig’s Bit-8 all the time, very tweakable for dialling in just the right amount of crunchiness.

For OP, Audio Damage make lots of plugins worthy of their name. Replicant 2 and Automaton spring to mind for buffer override-style FX, for example.

1 Like

well if you’re looking at that at all, may as well look at cocoquantus instead… haha

1 Like

I think this is the issue I have with the Ottobit.

1 Like

Hahah. Fair point. I had a sydrax and enjoyed it, but that whole child DT class project look and feel didn’t wash too well at the price range it’s in. Plus I quiet like having a piece of gear that someone can actually explain wtf it’s doing.

1 Like

I just got a Glitch Storm, plus the Angry Robot expansion, and I have to say it’s a wonderful glitch machine. I’ve been chopping it up on the Blackbox too. The only thing I wish I still had to add to it is the Particle V2. That combo would be glitchy-bliss!

1 Like

And lots of their legacy plugins are now free!

I used automaton heaps, I think I first noticed it in a shpongle studio video

All of their FSU tools are worth a go

1 Like

Twisted Tools Reaktor plug-ins if not already mentioned…
https://twistedtools.com/

http://destroyfx.org

These have been updated recently. Classics.

6 Likes

LFO’s are a great source of glitches.

Yes ! My first glitchy experiments were with DFX, maybe 20 years ago…
Now my favourites are OT and Zoia.

I’m still waiting for the Sampler feature for Zoia, and need to find a kind of workflow with it, as I usually start from scratch with my own settings, it can take time. But possibilities are crazy…I’d say better glitchy potential than OT, but not easy to set up…

As you can control Zoia with OT’s crossfader via midi, it can be more than crazy glitchy. Want to experiment that in Autumn…

3 Likes

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any new insight on the plug-in side of things. I’m browsing around for something that effects sound similarly to Hologram pedals or a blooper.

Fracture vst is good, it is a granular fx with lfo/ delay.

1 Like