Your plans for 2023?

Continue working through Neo Soul Guitar Pathway at Pickup Music

Attend International Musician Summit and try to learn from artists like Isaiah Sharkey, Jonathan Dubose, etc. without getting into trouble for unauthorized recording - was told that bringing a portable recorder for classes would be ok, but I can’t tell which of them might be weird - a la Fripp - about that stuff.

Work on a song on the MPC One

Continue progressing with kettlebell training without hurting myself.

Gotcha. didn’t mean to unload on you. I"m just a little keyed up because I moved in w/ some dudes in Sac that are living WAAAAAY beyond their means and yesterday one of them got served a civil lawuit and I had to sign for it since I was the only one home. Dude could of just sold one of his many expensive possessions he can’t afford to pay the suit, but he’s shirking his responsibilities and now I"m moving back to San Luis Obispo so I don’t have to live with clowns like this. I see way too many people trying to keep an image up right now and the economy is well…not gonna go there. But yeah, Switzerland was “sehr teuer”. and it is beautiful. I just dont’ make as much as Phil Collins.

2 Likes

Bummer no worries sorry to hear that. I definitely cut way back this year in light of current economic situation. No new hardware just a software upgrade license so I can finish my album by year end and a small stand for my Roland boutique synths. If I ever win the lottery a place in Switzerland would be divine! Best trains ever and high end shopping and eateries outside train station metro center!

1 Like

Write another album.
Skate.
Ride my bike.
Paint.
Play drums more.
Get to the next grade at kung fu.

3 Likes

I agree, you choose one of the finest places one can live. It may happen yet, who knows.

As for me, I’m not really into Sac anymore - I came back after 6 years away from it and it’s just not a good fit. It has gotten a lot worse and I don’t jive w/ the blue hair politics. However, I will greatly miss the Co-Op, the American River bike trail, and some of my friends - but I’d rather pay a little more rent and not have to deal w/ how ghettos it’s become.

I also sold some investments today I wasn’t too happy about selling but I am the kind of guy that would rather have less and no debt, than have debt I don’t need. The economy IMHO is going to get BAD this year and I’m thinking of getting a second job in debt collection. It’s going to be interesting this year for sure.

1 Like

I hear ya. Same and I grew up here it was way nicer 30 years ago and very few homeless back then too. I only moved back for work at the time and to be closer to family but things have changed the last few years. Long term I am looking to leave California between the politics, high taxes. high living costs and massive crime and homeless problems it is no longer than golden state that I loved growing up in.

2 Likes

A friend of mine lives is Lausanne, he pays a little more than 1000€ / month for a room in a shared apartment…