Your Setups

You can do that too, I’m talking about the group outputs, they may not have then on every model of that mixer.

My unit does have both group and aux outputs. Can you tell me what the difference is between the two? I see gain dials on my unit for the aux outs, but not for the group outs, so I’ve never tried using the group outs. Is there an advantage of using one over the other? Sorry for the basic questions. I’ve read the manual several times and it’s not the best manual.

For some reason this image took ages to load and it was just the full image frame completely white, thought wow, that’s minimalist.

Curious how you find/use the key largo in your setup?

1 Like

PM me any questions you have, happy to help but don’t want derail the thread with off topic stuff.

Still have some cables to clean-up + waiting on 8-chan adat preamp. Other than that - pretty much my (hopefully) final setup. Patch bay helps a lot to make it more “final”. No more tearing up cables and redoing everything once a week =)

68 Likes

I like the Meris set! Especially so neatly cabled.

4 Likes

Cabling is indeed on point!

3 Likes

Have been working on a compact setup for the living room instead of my workshop.
Still have some midi routing to figure out and might add two small 8010’s for listening.
The outs on the sp-16, effects and synths find their way through the patchbay and down to the four channels on the mixer.
Being outnumbered by kids this has been a longrunner but hoping it will be a nice inspiring setup. :smile:

35 Likes

Very nice! How do you midi sequence the dfam?

Thanks!
Yeah. That’s one of the things I have to figure out. :sweat_smile: One way might be to trigger it from the sh01-a but not shure if thats the best way to go. Some midi-box might do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I think you need a midi to cv converter something like this or an Analog 4

2 Likes

Fantastic and clean set up !

The 1010 Music Blackbox has a Clock Out.

@tchu Thanks! Will certenly look into that.
Bought that one mostly to handle longer loops and perhaps sample/record entire jams from the mixers master out. So perfect if I can make even more use of it.

1 Like

Pics in the new year when I have my shelving built up… for now here’s my studio setup

4 Likes

Need to work on routings a bit, and add some effects, but I think the synth portion will be pretty stable for a while.

16 Likes

Cool font

1 Like

Totally agree, the tray rules. I have all kind of goodies hidden away haha. The only thing about the platform I don’t like is that there isn’t really anyway around is the height of the tray vs the height of the top tier of the desk. I go back and forth about using the risers. I think I need a new chair, ha.

I’m still blown away by how much bigger the MKIIs are.

latest addition to my setup, A homemade micromonsta stand.
When this second one dries, I’ll see if it can hold the weight of the AS-1

8 Likes

Updated my setup with a couple of E-RM Multiclocks.

Got rid of all the dodgy angle adapters I had and soldered on Neutrik angle jacks.

Properly sorted and tidied all the PSU’s which are hidden in the bottom bit.

46 Likes