Your Setups

Been rocking this setup for over a year now, really love it. Digitone and Peak go into Octratrack, guitar goes into Count to 5, then Simplifier (El Capistan and Flint in the fx loop). I use both the D’Angelico Mini DC in the picture and my Fender Thinline '72.
20 Likes

Outstanding! Just got a Micromonsta myself yesterday. Now I know what my kids will have for dessert for the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Such a brilliant setup… love the swing-out laptop arm. Any closeups on how that is attached?

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ve been here for a while, but never posted anything, so, when I finished my room, decided to share my setup with you)

38 Likes

Love this… welcome :+1:

Thank you!

1 Like

you must have a really strong back! You do this all while kneeling or sitting crisscross applesauce…?

2 Likes

Just screwed it on to the side of the unit.

Have the relevant bits for the laptop and Prophet 12 (which goes on a stand) mounted on the wall.

24 Likes

It is cool but it is too much stuff my friend, less is more.
You need another life to learn and master all those machines.

2 Likes

Not sure I would trust lego to hold my grandmother from falling tbh

2 Likes

How’s those Warm pres and eqs?

The Lego bits are Gorilla glued together and held in place by CT1. Nothing moves…

5 Likes

Haha! I have a really comfy chair (you can see a bit in the lower left corner), so don’t worry about my back :slight_smile:

It works well with my bass guitar and electric guitar, or with microphone, when you need it with proper level. But with synth - it works well if you wanna separate two different sounds of one synth. But, to be honest I expected little more from this device. It doesn’t give you this warm harshness we all love, like neve devices.) it’s just warm a
little. And when you wanna crank your sound with high gain levels it start to distort not in a beautiful way. Maybe it’s just me)

1 Like

Ouh, forgot to tell you, that eq’s are good) it’s really musical and useful)

1 Like

Thanks for the review. Been considering upping my pre game, and this, the ssl six, and a couple others are on the list.

1 Like

I’m jealous of all you who have neatly organized setups. Mine is a mess, wires everywhere. It’s mostly due to lack of space to keep all my gear plugged in all of the time, have to change stuff around a lot. Maybe one day I’ll buy one of those nice synthesizer shelf / rack things.

If you’re looking after good and not so expensive pres, look at this: https://goodflymicrophones.com/goodfly-1073-en
Simple, but damn good.

1 Like

I also like seeing all the tidy spaces here. My place is a total mess too, I also have limited space here. But that’s not the reason… I’m just a total mess :grin:

Can’t waste that precious time cleaning the stuff ey? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Props to all those who are skilled and crafty enough to build these great looking/functioning stands/shelving/setups for tight spaces.

2 Likes