1010music Blackbox

jazz

1 Like

So I found myself an almost mint Mono Evolver, and things just got out of hand after that and hereā€™s a brief (very) first jam with it, all recorded on the Blackbox and put together and performed from the box as well (not that thereā€™s much performing going on in this one, but hey, I do launch clips manually and at not one, but two points, I adjust the filter AS THE TRACK KEEPS PLAYING)

As usual, Tanzmaus on drums and Moog DFAM on filth.

So yeah, enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I asked this over on the forum but no answer yet, Iā€™m trying to add a slice point to a sample sliced by threshold, one of the slices contains 2 hits and I want to split it, but moving the marker and pressing on the split tab does not do anything. Is it even possible or am I doing something wrong? I donā€™t want to re-slice the whole file as it has lots of slices and those are already correct.

It seems like his single thread has more current blackbox content than the 1010 forum

3 Likes

maybe you have used up the max. no. of slices, 128.
usually, split adds a slice, join removes it.

3 Likes

Thanks @MichalHo that could well be the case since it is about a 47 second sample, I have not checked how many slices were auto generated yet but I reckon you are right :+1:

Edit: yep that was it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, the 1010 forum is awfully quiet even when thereā€™s action there.

Can you guys just stop enjoying the Blackbox please? I bought enough stuff over the holidays already! Might have to ban myself from this threadā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t seem to enjoy it that much if it can discourage you !

2 Likes

They are all too busy Blackboxinā€™ :wink:

1 Like

Was messing with the clip sample type today, a really nice and flexible implementation, the quantization, beat count and sync functions are superb!

Also the sequencer implementation is really nice and flexible, with editing that makes the best of the interface, I really canā€™t think how it could be any better on the editing handling side. The simple way to navigate and edit using the knobs and screen is very elegant and natural feeling, seeming to pull off the best of both hardware and software sequence editing.

4 Likes

anyone have a link to a video showing all of the sampling features?

Define all :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a sampler by nature so essentially, what youā€™d want is a video feature it all.

With that said, Ricky Martinez says it best:

and
4 Likes

It was the bottom video that made me buy it, I have been looking for something that easily can record my noodles for future use.

3 Likes

The Blackbox is served really well by SampleRobot. I have been sampling my MTron Pro & loading them as multisamples in Blackbox. It is so easy to do. I bought the basic SampleRobot & use Loopback to route the audio into SampleRobot (if you donā€™t have/want Loopback, you could use SoundFlower). :slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t forget the multi sampler built into Mainstage if youā€™re on Mac, much cheaper.

1 Like

the multisampler in MainStage works with the blackbox?

checking these out, but would you say that you could do that stuff just as easily with your iPad or no?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you can do all of this and more on an iPad. I have an iPad Pro, but donā€™t have a BB - I still want one though, haha.

You can use it to create multi samples from software plugins or hardware using MIDI. Itā€™s an automated multisampler like sample robot. You set the notes, length, velocity, and sample duration and it automatically multisamples the instrument creating files you can then load into BB.

Apple bought autosampler(I think that was the name) years ago and quietly stuck it into mainstage.

2 Likes