1010music Blackbox

1.4. works fine with my 64GB sandisk extreme (the golden&red one).

1 Like

my thoughts exactly

1 Like

I have it in the cart in THomann, I was waiting for NAMM as well in case something new, like a nice groovebox, comes up to finally pull the trigger :slight_smile:

AkaĆÆ has the mpc one which might compete with the blackbox, depending on the priceā€¦ still, the fact that the blackbox has streaming is a huge plus alone.

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-one

2 Likes

that, and BB has multiple outs.

i like the jam-optimized workflow on the mpc one from what i see, but itā€™s not heating my gas just yet.

While it solves your situation I donā€™t understand why I have to change the format of my card even though it worked for 4 previous firmware versions. I have raised that thought in the forum hoping for an answer from 1010music. Since we both have 128GB cards and others donā€™t have issues with other sizes I am perplexed and what the read buffers are doingā€¦

I had to use exFAT instead of FAT32 on my 64gb sandisk to get it to work, since the first version. Interesting that yours was working until now!

1 Like

Interestingā€¦guess I just got lucky then. Thanks for sharing

BTW are you formatting on a mac or windows pc?

Linuxā€¦but I will try Windows if I canā€™t get exFAT to work properly

Ah, I was just asking because when I first tried to do FAT32 as 1010 originally recommended, I found that Windows doesnā€™t let you do FAT32 on disks bigger than 32gb, so I used a third party program to do it. Then it turned out not to work anyway so I used windowsā€™ exFAT formatting which did work. And Iā€™m working if different programs or OSes do their formatting differently in a way that affects the BB if FAT32 was supposed to workā€¦

1 Like

Holy crap, that looks sexy as hell!

I had a mpc live before and this doesnā€™t appeal much to me :wink:

That would make sense then. I guess if it is limited to 32GB then I am surprised it worked in the first place :joy:

Thanks!

Itā€™s likeā€¦ four times the size. Very different featureset too.

It isnā€™t limited technically. Itā€™s just recent windows versions which restrict the generation of partitions larger than 32GB as FAT32. Nevertheless can Windows use larger FAT32 filesystems ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

yes, also Iā€™m no more in the mood for a one-box-does-it-all. Better use the blackbox for what itā€™s good at, with my other gear beside.

2 Likes

I messed about with 1.4 last night. Love the grid based keyboard layout! Something that confuses me now is I thought once in clip mode you could adjust pitch without altering time but now that doesnā€™t seem to be the case.
Am I missing something?
Forgive me I havenā€™t been on BB in a while so Iā€™m a bit rustyā€¦

Also, no internal battery like the MPC Live and with a 7" screen I guess youā€™d need a powerbank as big as the unit itself :sweat_smile:

Is the Sync option set to anything besides ā€œNoneā€? Iā€™m testing it right now and pitch is not changing the timing as long as sync is on.

1 Like