1010music Blackbox

Single cycle, sure. I tend to use looping in a wavetable style, as a single cycle is a bit limiting. Anything you can do with moving loop points works, no crossfade options but you have bidirectional looping. ADSR: yes.

Okā€¦

My post earlier about the mpc one was hasty.

Having recieved mine yesterday. I only got playing with it this evening (not updated to latest firmware)

This thing is fucking insane.

Took me ten minutes to sample and chop it up, from an equatics record that was in my turntable.

Scary quick, and scary easy. Might post a beat before midnight.

This partnered with my mc-101 is mental. Iā€™m in my living room running both off an anker battery.

Jesus Christ Iā€™m blown away.

This is all I need right here. All I need.

3 Likes

Holy shit Iā€™m playing my chopped samples on the novation launchkey mini mk3s pads!!! While the keys running to 101 for synths!!!

Fuuucckkk!!!

How did this happen? I didnā€™t even set this up!

4 Likes

Super simple, you just save the PSET which contains all of the above, press PSET button, hit file tab, hit save.

There are no kits per se, just pads (16) which you load into, to load hit an empty pad, press info to either sample or load.

1 Like

Magic!

Yes itā€™s dope isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

This scale is really fun. Feels like SomeKindOfWave without even trying. Never had an Electribe but it seems if I got into electronic gear a little bit earlier I would have had a blast either way!

Lost for words.

Running the launchkey on its own to the 101 isnā€™t playing nice with the pads set up.

Is it maybe because Iā€™m going into the bb via usb from the launckey? Who knows. But it works and Iā€™m stoked mate.

Can somebody put my mind at ease?

The USB port on mine is like scary stiff/tight. Requires force to insert a cable. Is any of your guys units like this?

The build on this thing is to die for. Man this is insane

2 Likes

The first 20 times itā€™s a bit tough but it gets a little looser over time. I usually unplug from the battery pack / power supply since I rarely take it for travel I donā€™t mind keeping it plugged in.

The tolerances are tight so you donā€™t lose power if someone hits your setup while playing live or something.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. I feel better now lol

1 Like

How is the Blackbox for the dark ambient/drone genre?

1 Like

The sound quality is good so you will have nice bottom end. Either well prepared samples or an FX chain back into the BB for resampling sounds and you will be off to the races.

It has an ok delay and reverb but the filter isnā€™t that bad. The 3 outputs are HOT and the headphones can crank up too so if you need different samples going through different effects this box has you covered.

Polyrythms are something this box does well. Really well. But be aware everything is quantized, so if that doesnā€™t vibe with your genre then it might be a no go

3 Likes

Dude I gotta day yours and @circuitghost input on this thread is hugely commendable.

Played a Part in me pulling the trigger for one on Saturday night.

Found most of the answers to any curiosities I have here. So thank you dudes!

Lurking on the bb forum, might join over the weekend

6 Likes

Glad everyone in this thread is of help. I know itā€™s an Elektron forum but this little box is special. And I hated it the first few days. Glad I kept it, and more than happy to help fellow Nauts!

4 Likes

I totally agree. I donā€™t own any elektron hardware after selling my digitakt. But the forum and the guys here are awsome. Still really admire elektron though.

2 Likes

Thank you soo much, only have internet on my phone now so cant be bother to rtfm today :slight_smile:

I have the same one.

2^n you mean :smiley:

So happy to see this thread popping. I think the BB is one of those deceptively good devices. It doesnā€™t look at first glance like what it can really do for you. Thatā€™s a word salad but I hope it makes sense.

4 Likes

Itā€™s also the opposite. Doesnā€™t do a whole lot, but does a good amount of things very well. Such a paradoxā€¦

I just see it a a very high quality tool and I am very glad I didnā€™t expect much from it. Every update shreds!

2 Likes

You are so welcome. Thank you for saying.:pray:

1 Like

Of course, thanks for pointing that out!

512, 1024, 2048, 4096, ā€¦ etc