1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

Granulated drum loops sounded cool but were only usable for me when i sampled them into a Digitakt (or whatever device or program) and cut up smaller parts that i sequenced afterwards.

1 Like

Yeah thats my plan - cut them up in my SP16 and use them as percussion/glitch tracks.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried that yet but was thinking similar: sample a drum loop from op-z into lemondrop, granular mayhem, sample back into op-z and slice it up.

Microgranny was amazing for mangling drum loops and hits, but sold it.

Curious what folks think about how the lemondrop might pair with the hologram microcosm?

I got this and a Razzmataz and they showed up on the same day. Was not expecting that, itā€™sā€¦its a lot to learn. haha. But I made a pad progression on DIVA and sampled it into the lemondrop and man that was already super cool. Great start.

1 Like

It is a deeeeeep box.

1 Like

Anyone have an issue where the visual of the waveform doesnā€™t load, but still plays?

Iā€™ve just received the lemmondrop today and had the same issue.
In my case i noticed some waveforms were loading and most of them not.

I opened the microSD card on my computer and noticed that in the samples folder i only had files named from a to fā€¦

I serached in the 1010 forum for the firmware last version, and i found itā€¦ but better than that i found a post with the content folderā€¦

https://forum.1010music.com/forum/product-downloads/nanobox-firmware-downloads/nanobox-lemondrop-downloads/31448-lemondrop-disk-image

I downloaded itā€¦ i overwrited the samples folderā€¦ and in my case now is working with all the files loading.

4 Likes

Yeah I think that is a firmware issue and everyone just needs to update.

1 Like

I see. I have the latest version on it already. Iā€™ll reinstall the firmware tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks!

Inspect the Samples folder into the microSD it should have 311 items inside

1 Like

Just looked - only A to F in my Samples folderā€¦

Exactly the same happened to me. In the link above is the solution

1 Like

Replacing nowā€¦

Does seem to have fixed things

Pulled off the original knobs and chucked on some spare Elektron ones. They donā€™t quite cover the nuts, but they feel nicer and look better.

5 Likes

Same here. Just fixed it - thank you!

3 Likes

So just to let you know, if you pop over to the 1010 forum you can download the Fireball SD image - Pop the factory folder onto your Lemondrop SD and you have 100 odd Wavetables to granulate.

My first experiments with this have been fruitful!

10 Likes

Even the presets now that we have all the files are amazing.

I sampled 3 pads last night just scrolling through presets. This synth is a pad machine, I love how it can make those 90s ROMpler style pads that have bells and shimmer on the top end. So much movement.

Gonna grab those wave files for the fireball now and see how that goes. I also want to sample some records and acapelas in there and see if I can come up with new twisted vocal melodies that I can chop up after.

4 Likes

I find myself just getting it to hold a middle C, then adjusting the osc setting, timings and files until I have a sound I like - saving the preset - recording a minute or 2 of it then changing the first osc to the recording and adding another file in the 2nd.

Rinse, repeat.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to nab those wavetables for my ever-expanding collection of samples, thank you!

2 Likes