1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

Finally a cool demo :slight_smile:

1 Like

You made that kick on a BIA, or what did you use? It’s monstrous.

That kick is from Noise Engineering Seeds Of Structure By Trovarsi sample pack. That’s Kick 11 with some distortion added from the Razz “DFX”.

1 Like

Nope, but Quincy Jones probably did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The name of this box rings some strange bells…

2 Likes

The more I look at it, the more I see an alternative to the Nord Drum not really the TR family. Kind of mini drumlogue.

2 Likes

I think that’s why I sold my Lemondrop. I’m still not sure why I didn’t gel with it, but it might have been the limited hands-on controls. It’s super powerful though. I bet this drum machine is awesome.

The point is for me to say my point of view. You can say your point of view. Others can say theirs. That’s the point. This is a forum, we are free to share thoughts on stuff.

Nowhere did I discourage you or anyone from buying this product. It’s a fine product. You should buy it and enjoy it.

Yeah of course, but you responded directly to me and I never was speaking about if someone else has other drum machines they prefer. And my point is that buying an Ipad and buying and sifting through a bunch of apps to figure out what one likes is not really that inexpensive or always better than these small, focused offerings.

Plus you need the proper connectivity to hardware and such. It’s a comparison that is always made when these smaller synths are discussed.

If this thing sucks to me I will post about it and sell it. I don’t think it will, but I’m not married to a brand. I just think comparing 1010’s gear to ipad apps is silly since you have to factor in that an Ipad is real close to working on a laptop, costs around $400 plus the cost of cable connections and then all the apps.

I tried working on music in iOS for quite a while. It was not that enjoyable or fast for me.

2 Likes

And I’m responding directly to you again, because it’s a public forum and this is discourse. I never said the iPad was better, or worse, or that you should use one, or not.

I’m commenting on a forum. I believe it’s mathematically correct to say that out of a thousand apps, there may be some apps that sound better than this device. I have judged the few demo videos online against the many iPad apps I own and my opinion is that yes - there are many apps that sound as good or better.

I’ve never said this piece of consumer hardware sounds bad, or that people shouldn’t buy it. I own $1200 worth of 1010music consumer products. I have had great experiences as a music hardware consumer from this company. I recommend all of their products based on 3 3/4 years of ownership of some of their products.

I will respond to you, and to others as I see fit. I recommend you consume their products if they seem right for you.

Their taking requests for the next machine right now

2 Likes

To compliment the others I’d go for

Some kind of horrific stereo distortion, overdrive / fx unit.

3 Likes

I’d buy that for four hundred dollars

1 Like

the whole lineup priced at $3.99 each

1 Like

Unfortunately my weekend is already pretty busy, but it’s here…

4 Likes

Making loops to resample and chop up to further sequence would’ve been great fun for sure but the inability to slice recorded audio within has killed any interest for me in this wee box…

I’d rather just feed it into an octatrack or SP16 anyway.

This photo shows the bezel is freaking huge.
That is all.

This takes me back… they still make this stuff?

1 Like

Yeh, I wonder why they went for a 2""screen, they obviously had lots of room to go bigger…and it want to conserve battery power!