1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

Should pair well with the Behringer Edge… Colorwise

Certainly looks like it.

1 Like

@circuitghost, is there microtiming and/or swing?

1 Like

I ordered one. I love drum machines too much too pass this little guy up.

2 Likes

From scanning the manual, it looks to me like the sequencer doesn’t go as deep as microtiming.

But for swing you’re in luck.

3 Likes

Swing, yes. Mtiming, not as far as I can tell.

But it has samples, synthesis and great fx :slightly_smiling_face: somehow I got Tempest vibes from it more than anything else contemporary.

3 Likes

Raspberry Jam killer for sure. 1010 is putting Grandma’s out of business worldwide.

1 Like

good to hear! hope to see more example of it. seeing all these cool things 1010 doing with new hardware adds to firmware update hopium :smile:

I can say for sure that it pairs quite nicely with the other nanos and Blue/Black.

4 Likes

That Bobeats vid was so freaking weird…
“I think it’s a drum machine”
“I think it can sample”

How bout you READ THE FREAKING SPECS BEFORE MAKING A VIDEO ABOUT A PIECE OF KIT YOU’VE BEEN SENT TO REVIEW!!!

So fucking half assed. I swore I would never talk shit about synthfluencers after my brief stint as one but fuck me this is one low effort video!!

Other great nuggets from the video.

music playing, then Bo chimes in“I can quickly save and then load something else” music continues
WELL THANK YOU BO THATS SUPER INFORMATIVE!!

Right after that nugget of gold and some music.
“I don’t want to sound to hyped…” bro trust me, you don’t. You sound the complete opposite of hyped! It sounds like you need to get back to your old job cause you sound burnt out as fuck…

He does an overview but goes directly into how to change the sounds, I have no clue 10 minutes into the video about the polyphony, sampling capabilities or sequencing capabilities. He calls it a drum machine when 1010 specifically calls it a groovebox.

I’m usually pretty lenient with these type of videos but that fucking intro just rattled me to my core…

23 Likes

the rush to be first :-1:t6:

2 Likes

It honestly felt like he was obligated to make the video under gun point

Haha, love a good rant. I haven’t watched the vid-yo in full. But yeah, he’s been talking a lot about heath issues and the burden of being a YouTuber recently. But, having worked in music tech print media with harsh deadlines, I would never consider being half-assed about these things, no matter how tired I was. This is going on permanent record, just like a physically printed mag. Buck up!

In fact, if I ever made a mistake, we got a world of pain from the manufacturers that made one triple check everything, otherwise we had to print a retraction next month and look like cowboys. So we never made mistakes as much as physically possible. If in doubt, ask for clarification!

4 Likes

Well, I’ve had this since summer and yet decided not to review, for a reason. It’s a great kit that deserves a proper study and I didn’t have the time.

But like other 1010’s, it punches above its weight, it sounds great and it’s flexible and clever.

2 Likes

Sounds great, was that samples or the machine? I love the sequencer on this a lot. Got me to pull the trigger honestly.

Could it be seen as a extremely portable Model:Cycles when it comes to drum sound design? Or an intersect between model cycles/samples?
I guess not comparable for live use due to the Cycles knobs, of course.

2 Likes

Thanks! It was both samples and fm synthesis from the Razz.

The sequencer is simple and fast, it reminds me of the PO sequencer a little but it’s definitely better. You can duplicate the length, automatically copying over your steps and the length can be 1-64 steps. There’s also a Velocity per step screen, which you can use as a modulation source.

It’s also fun to use an Elektron sequencer with it, the Razz pairs well with a Digitone, easily adding those lovely trig conditions to your sequences.

4 Likes

I mean, you’ve given me more info this post then Bobeats has in his video!! And you didn’t even review it…

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, it felt good to type that out… sorry not sorry :grimacing:

2 Likes

Bob’s gotta eat

3 Likes