1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

Man…. I just don’t feel the desire to watch a 30 minute video about something like this…

I feel like this should be summed up in like a 10 minute video…

Anyways, it looks cool. I won’t get it but it’s cool that hardware digital drum machines are becoming more and more common. Seemed like there was really just the Korg Volca Drum and then suddenly we got a bunch of shit popping off so that’s cool.

This is cool, i think?
Honestly, I’d love to have all 3 nanoboxes, but not for $1,200.

funny I’ll defend the OP-1 Field or TX-6 price all day, but something feels weird to me about $1,200 for three separate tiny boxes with limited user interfaces. Also, no battery, so that’s three cables always plugged in. These are cable-fest devices (midi, audio and power) and I’m not sure it’s worth the fuss (for me).

I think they’d be instant sellers at $200-$250, and could easily be priced at $300.
they’re steroidal pocket operators, like SO cool and definitely surpass the PO offering and functionalities, but they aren’t THAT far off from where they fit in from a market/product perspective, in my opinion.

Actually makes me want TE to drop another three PO’s
let’s see how much further they can push that little processor

1 Like

The processing power and overall capabilities are miles apart from PO’s.

3 Likes

What the… ok crap like this backs the development of my beloved Bluebox so I’m trying to keep calm and wait for the next update.

2 Likes

iPad and some drum apps much

1 Like

Seems interesting for sure… curious to how well someone could manipulate the slice mode and do some fun things with breaks.

Yeah I agree I think it is a bit too steep to consider getting all 3 to like make a little portable set up considering the extras likely involved, figuring out the right midi controller(s), battery, yadda yadda… it definitely would add up. I could see getting one to supplement something for live use though. It has enough flexibility that it could fill out the features of a big pricey fun to use live unit of some sort without adding an extra bag to carry to the show.

As a groove box, I’d say it’s a souped-up Syntakt but without the Elektron sequencer. The inclusion of samples and sampling make all the difference.

3 Likes

This is the reason I mostly turn down offers to review gear. I want to do it properly and that takes time and out of respect for the devs and the effort they put in, they deserve better than I can mostly give them.

5 Likes

Well… that for the size + price… for someone with an Hapax… Oxi one for sequencing on the fly… is something to consider for an small+portable rig. Maybe great also for some V-drum triggering.

Quite interesting…

but if i had to choose one of the three little boxes… i keep watching more “desirable” the lemon drop 'cause its unique and original character and form factor.

1 Like

The pink looks so wrong next to the red fireball.

1 Like

That’s why you gotta put a Lemondrop in between…which I didn’t do.

1 Like

Totally. If I’d go for just one and didn’t own the blackbox, Lemondrop would be that one.

2 Likes

it definitely has a Nord drum 2 feel while subbing sampling for the resonance modelling and adding all of the inbox sequencing (and extra voices). I don’t like the “just get an ipad and apps” argument (where developers have to chase apple and deal with way more in terms of compliance in that ecosystem) but there are some Patterning vibes here as well. Good stuff.

4 Likes

Not to mention the possible distractions of being online.

3 Likes

I’m a little relieved that this is something I don’t need :slight_smile:
But kudos to 1010 for bringing a FM/sampling drum machine to the market in this form factor… I’m sure a lot more functionality is coming via firmware updates as well.

4 Likes

Why aren’t these battery powered?

2 Likes

They specifically call it a “Mini Drum Sequencer with FM Synthesis and Sampling”, not a groovebox.

1 Like

That does seem like an oversight. I love my lemondrop, but it would better if it had a battery.

Maybe someone will make a nanobox case with a battery.

2 Likes

If I didn’t already have an nd2, this would be really tempting, and I might end up getting one anyway.

I can’t be the only one seeing this, can I?!

34 Likes