1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

Coincidence? :thinking:

8 Likes

At the park on this battery.

2 Likes

Don’t hate. Don’t watch Videos from people you can’t stand. Just Download the Manual and read the Specs you’re looking for…

Quick Start:

Userguide:

2 Likes

Have you seen their promotional video, literally says groovebox in the title…

I don’t hate Bo, i enjoy his content but he’s not my favorite synthfluencer.

Even if I don’t expect much from these videos, this was just low effort… This makes feel like the only thing you need to be a synthfluencer is to have a nice camera rig.

2 Likes

That begs the question. What will be the last one? What are we missing in this trio?

So, this will be great with my Launchpad Pro mk3. It’s a large controller but I can use the internal sequencer with this on one drum track and the other two cute little boxes on 2 of the other 3 tracks. Fun little setup.

The other side of my desk has an OP-1 Field with a Reverberator pedal. All with a bluebox mixer. So, will sequence one side and can record into the Field or just sample into the field from one of the outs on the Bluebox.

Love these little things.

1 Like

The only thing I see is you can spend a few hundred more and get a BlackBox. So, not sure if I will get one or not.

It’s pretty far off from a blackbox outside of the UI similarity and the ability to use samples. As it’s primarily an actual drum synth with some light sampling, in terms of what is currently on the market the better comps would probably be: Volca drum @ $130 currently, PO-32 tonic (with the microtonic license) @ $200, Model Cycles @ $350, Razzmataz @ $400, LXR-02 @ $600, Syntakt at $1,000.

1 Like

TR-6S at $400.

5 Likes

Missed one :grinning:

3 Likes

Drumlogue at $600

3 Likes

My point is, you’re attacking Bo implying he’s describing the device incorrectly when he is just repeating what the manufacturer is saying. The fact that they also call it a groovebox doesn’t make Bo wrong.

I get that, I said “definitely surpass the PO offering and functionalities”. That doesn’t mean they aren’t aiming towards the same section of market share as the PO’s. The colors, size and product line alone are enough to tell you that.

More processing power and a longer spec list, but more than 4x the price, no batteries (yeah we get it you can slap a battery under it and use a cable to stay connected, clunky AF), and the user interface falls short, especially as a standalone device which it’s really not.

in my opinion these are stuck in some sort of twilight zone of price, features, interface and portability. That said, this might be the most compelling one to date.

Tell you what, if they make a pattern chain option that lets you fluidly jump between patterns while doing crazy slider FX on the touch screen mapped to macros and momentary stuff like stutters and reverse, they’re onto a winner! It’s a digital drum synth that loads samples and actually samples directly to the machine!

I am however guessing that once again we are dealing with a mono sampler. No biggie as it’s primarily for drums, but once again, the Tanzbär clap will be rendered as a shadow of its former self. :’(

It makes me want a Blackbox/Bluebox-sized drum machine with stereo samples and deeper drum synthesis.

2 Likes

I do like the look of this little thing - from reading the manual though, it’s not clear if sample playback / recording is in stereo? I’m assuming it’s 48khz 16bit from looking at the recording wav section, but it’s not listed out anywhere I can see in the manual or spec sheet. I see there’s only enough processing power for the one top left slot to be either a beat-synch’d loop or a sliced sample. Also looks like it can only pitch the FM oscillator by MIDI, sample pads are just one shots so I’m guessing just monophonic per track. (Also no loop points for single cycle shenanigans :frowning:).

I really like the concept of all three of the nano’s, I’m just not sure I’d ever use more than one at once - I wonder if the internals are similar enough that some clever person could ge it so you could choose the firmware at power on for which box you’d want to use in that session?

Wow !!! You just took me back to my childhood ! That is a real blast from the past :grinning:

2 Likes

Good question.

Both record & playback are in stereo.

6 Likes

I do love lime.