1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

Quite possibly true— I can imagine these videos are closer to sitting around gossiping than learning!

This feels like a $5 iPad app ($2.99 when on sale).

7 Likes

I don’t get it why someone could be so angry about such videos. They can watch it (for free…) or just scroll over it if they don’t like it, done.
:partying_face:

5 Likes

Have you ever needed to fix something simple on your car or lawnmower and looked on youtube for tutorials only to find videos that are somehow longer than it actually takes to do the job? You end up clicking around furiously to find that one nugget of information relevant to you but no one seems to cover? I imagine the feeling is similar. Good youtube vids are priceless but some just waste your life. “Just don’t watch” is not a good answer, I already did and I cannot get that 20 minutes back.

2 Likes

Well, at least you have the chance to fix something with infos from youtube & co, right? There was a time only manuals or buddies could helped you :wink:

I think life is to short to get angry about some video. Is that really worth it?
Nah!

Anyway, back to topic:
How is build quality of lemondrom, or the other box? I’m more interested in that granular thing instead of the rastamasta.

4 Likes

I dunno I put it in the same camp as complaining about the journalistic integrity of a blog.

Most YouTube content is for entertainment - if you want detailed instructions for fixing a car you can buy a Haines manual, or go to college and learn under a paid professional. Which would have been literally the only option 20 years ago. That you have to click through a few videos to find the right one is the epitome of first world problems :rofl:

Edit: @gekkonier Jinx :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lemondrop is really nice.

I haven’t noticed any issue with build quality, it feels quite sturdy to me.

It is small but actually the interface works perfectly well for making sound. Inputting notes on the scale grid keyboard requires a bit of precision but isn’t problematic. Typing out names for saving patches is a little difficult. Neither of these points should be considered a barrier to enjoying it for making music.

4 Likes

Thank you!
I’m asking because I think that might be interesting for some that look at Razzmatazz too.

1 Like

This is the way.
External batteries win in the long run.
Batteries die. They leak.
Internal batteries are great for convenience, until they have problems.
One solid power bank can be used for a variety of devices. So instead of paying an extra $30-$60 (oem price guess) extra for every machine, you buy one monster power bank and go to town.
If that batter fails, cuz we’ve all had one that eventually has, no negative impact to your gear, no downtime for repairs.
Some bad designs exist where battery-powered devices are nerfed if the battery is removed, even when plugged into the wall :electric_plug:
This was the case with my son’s cheap chrome book. I believe I heard that the first round of roli products were also designed this way.
Excluding the battery helps keep the price point low, and sells more units which is good for everyone.

9 Likes

But the price point isn’t low…

1 Like

It’s not his first 15 minutes. It’s him reviewing a device for 15 minutes. Big difference.

2 Likes

Imagine how much more it would cost if they stuck a battery in there.

1 Like

Sort of (but you’re right) - it’s a bit of a mix - but even in the ones where he’s used the gear extensively he still hasn’t read the manual and cares not one bit about teaching you anything about it. The point still stands that he’s not taking on the role of a salesman with a specsheet.

But it’s still great content.

Fairly sure this is a good example of a ‘first 15 minutes’ even if it doesn’t have the word in the title. It’s at least providing that experience.

Yeah when stimming is surprised by something or has to work at it getting it to do something he wants it feels genuine and you can see he is talented and has a love for making music and performing.

So many other peoples videos are beige and bland and lack anything interesting. They are just infomercials

I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything after watching a stimming video but I do enjoy and watch all his videos. Thing is though I watch the ones of gear I have no interest in because he’s just enjoyable to watch

2 Likes

Is this the razz thread or the YouTube thread?

9 Likes

I think it’s the bobash thread :weary:

2 Likes

Indeed. It mustn’t devolve further into the latter, so please try to keep it about gear rather than synfluencers (we know how that ends)

7 Likes

I don’t get this box at all, digital, tiny, few controls, 2inch screen. Pocket sized but not battery powered?

I could think of dozens of apps that sound and look better than this, but it’s a funny colour and looks cute so people will probably buy. I bought an M8 Tracker…there are similar/just as good music apps about for the iPhone/iPad, but it’s all GAS and something that feels like an instrument not a phone. Not sure the Razzmatazz quite manages that level, but we will see.

I don’t see the UI being much worse than my ND2, and possibly better in some ways, and that’s also digital. Depends how it sounds. To me, there’s a big difference between a piece of screen-based hardware that does one specific thing and an open-ended compute device, in terms of the experience of using them.

1 Like

This is essentially a little hardware computer with 3 different apps, unfortunately you can’t swap the apps (unlike my Bitybox)