3 Years of Brexit… what are your thoughts?

My point is not that the electorate are ignorant necessarily (I don’t think the UK electorate are substantially more or less ignorant than anyone else’s electorate), it’s that the EU and it’s systems just aren’t all that familiar to voters and the day to day afairs just not as visible as those of our own parliament. It is this which both hampers the EU’s ability to broaden democratic engagement and leaves the door open for corruption and vested interests to thrive.

I personally would like a blockchain voting mechanism for political decisions - even if your society has been manipulated into Brexit - i think there are ways to overcome this, but it would mean, that we all have to put a lot of ideology (and fears) aside, and that mass (social + public) media isn’t a monopoly any longer - the question is if we find something to agree on, when these methods are not in place.

Where I live, the right-wing is supported by the likes of Thiel and Putin. Do you want that kind of money ruling your country?

I agree with you that ‘Divide et Impera’ is a problem, has been at least since the Romans.
Did you know the Kreml spent at least 300 million since 2010 to fund far-right causes in Europe?
The second largest donors are US Christian Nationalists.

3 Likes

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

It would be total chaos if we abandoned electing responsible politicians to form governments and instead everyone had a keypad to decide the fate of the country on an whim.

Once ‘no more income tax’ is voted for, the next vote would be ‘raid a neighbouring country to fund our public services’

1 Like

And i think this what our society is been told - so we dont empower us - i dont see other people as evil, and only been controlled by law. I think in general people are nice also in areas where there are no strict laws in place. I doubt that anybody in Siberia has to fear other people, only bears maybe.

Also it would possibly free the people in power, if they have a constant backing of the voters will - it would for sure need a society who is a little more expert on things, often things seem easy from the outside, but arent. I think there could be hybrid approaches, so it could be learned by society.

Although I’m not quite sure of your point here, but again this is the rightwing / left wing paradigm.

There are many billionaires with extreme views who fund both sides and cause chaos. Soros as an example.

All of these funded media proposed agenda’s are there to divide - they create corporate slogans which whilst you can support part of the message, also then has insidious trojan horse inside to further destabilise and polorise.

The entities who have cabinets in their pockets are intent on destabilising and taking further control from the people. Less freedom, more surveillance.

1 Like

The point is that your rhetoric is clearly way off to the right, when you keep talking about some kind of left/right paradigm allegedly imposed upon us by Soros or whoever the local Telegram group hates most at the moment.

You present yourself as neither left nor right, but push far-right positions, which is just what Mussolini and the fascists did in the 1920s. Not saying you are one, but I’m highly suspicious now.

1 Like

Wow. For someone who understands about divide & conquer that’s a huge and disingenuous leap. I’ve been nothing but courteous whilst you are trying to paint me as something.

I won’t fit into any programmed points of view. I have no care for Theil, Putin or Soros, nor did I mention who imposed what - it was merely saying that there are bad actors everywhere and the best way is to step out of this paradigm.

I would not vote for the conservatives, Labour or the EU.

Yes people exist outside of these crazy sides people pick and observe the insanity of it all.

I would suggest to open your mind and stop labelling others.

2 Likes

And the US was spending $600 million a year on the Mujahedeen in the late 80’s. Realpolitik is alive and well.

Brexit wasn’t the Kremlin’s idea, but of course they have a vested interest in stoking the flames. Yep, they throw a lot of money at far right parties and causes, but it’s not Russians voting for them in their millions, is it?

Europe has a far right problem, has had for a long time before Putin was throwing his money about. You can cry about external factors like Brexit and Putin all day, but at some point you’re going to have to look around the table at those European Council meetings and ask yourselves how so many from the far right ended up with a seat on it.

2 Likes

Yes.

Ok, what would you vote for?

I don’t know how much you know about UK politics but we have the likes of Lord Buckethead, Elmo and the Monster Raving Loony party to choose from here.

Yep, I’ve heard of all of them. Thanks, that clears up my misconception of you. You are a protest voter, if I may label you at all.

The problem is, that won‘t get you anywhere.

Apologies for the scrutiny.

So, less than 25 Million a year for all of Europe? Not saying this is OK or that it should be ignored, but as far as existential/strategic threats to Democracy go, this is really not serious money.

Put another way, if this is enough to destabilize societies with combined economies in the hundreds of Billions, then I guess these societies are not in great shape to begin with.

1 Like

Politics is so much bullshit.

3 Likes

It’s probably just the tip of the iceberg. But as you and Fin25 point out, a lot of Europe’s problems are home-made.

Consider this the next time you hear the words misinformation / disinformation:

Detailed explanation from former C I A analyst Frank S nepp about how the newspapers you were taught to regard as mainstream and reliable have always eagerly served as disinformation megaphones.

You think this has stopped? My point being that there’s so much info out there now, direct from the source to show you that we are continually being manipulated / programmed / brainwashed.

I share this because it’s hard to see people continue this insane merry-go-round and refuse to really think.

So many people are at the end of their tether… doing the same thing & following the same paths and patterns aren’t going to get us anywhere.

1 Like

For your children.

Rumble… Speaking of extreme…

2 Likes