A Guide to AUTECHRE

Currently halfway through my first listen of the new(er!) one… definitely more rhythmic elements in there… and some 808 cowbell!!! Really digging it and feels there’s a bit of a Oversteps/Move Of Ten sort of relationship to how the 2 albums relate to each other. Suspect I’ll give this a couple of listens then go back to focussing on SIGN for a month or so, before concentrating on this one more fully. Need to take time to digest.

2 Likes

Like the tracks lux 106 mod and X4. Add them to metaz form8 from sign and you got a good 3 track ep. Not really feeling the rest. Sometimes I think they modulate stuff for modulations sake.

Yeah, I like X4 too

1 Like

wow…ordered the new Vinyl…and I guess cuz I ordered the first you get an “Ae Discount” ha ha ha, and the MP3s are available immediately.

Ae :+1:t6:

3 Likes

I can agree here

2 Likes

Hmm, hope the second release will catch me.
Honestly, Sign has been a bit boring to me so far. Hope it will grow though. Wasn’t a huge fan of NTS either.

1 Like

SIGN, PLUS, Oversteps, Move of Ten - “The Circle Albums” :smile:

2 Likes

and @Craig ya pretty awesome release.

We R Are Why / Are Y Are We? is pretty great too…

and the Keynell stuff…

then there’s the Gescom music and versions. LOVE Gescom.
its even in the album art of Incunabula.

3 Likes

A pity, I ordered the SIGN on Bandcamp.
What’s the offer?

Oh, it’s was just a couple bucks off. The Vinyl was $25, you get it for $22 with the “Ae discount” :slight_smile:

Didn’t even know about it, when I hit purchase it just came off.

1 Like

PLUS bought. I just love these sounds!

A recipe for an Æ track I love is amazing sound design + rythm oriented + weird atonal melody-like sounds in the background.
Got to make more Æ-inspired tracks!

3 Likes

nice

1 Like

conspirAecy theory time.

2 Likes

Makes me want to try to launch two players at the same time.

2 Likes

This has been done before, but I can’t remember who by right now.

Flaming Lips Zaireeka? My friends and I did that with four stereos. It was incredible.

I hope it’s true because compared the previous releases the mixes are desolate.

I can’t test it now because our internet is down. But with the convenience of streaming it shouldn’t be difficult to do.

And dammit artists should be doing it.

1 Like

bahtechre

This person has done exactly that and it sounds awesome

1 Like

So yeah, PLUS is awesome.

Still waiting for a sequel to this tho, for me one of the most beautiful tracks ever made:

11 Likes

Sean: “how can we get more money out of these wankers?”
Rob: “split each song into half their individual tracks, sell each as a separate record, see if anyone notices…?”
Sean:

13 Likes