A Guide to AUTECHRE

This is from barbicans site

Playing in darkness, this will be the first chance to hear new Autechre material since 2020’sSIGN and PLUS .

Looks like new material

Not sure why you guys are saying there will be hipsters with fixies in London. My last Ae gig was at the royal festival hall in 2016 and it was full of aging bearded guys, all wearing old R&S tees and hoodies

3 Likes

Just scored tickets for the Helsinki show in September. First time seeing Autechre live! :partying_face:

3 Likes

We are currently experiencing high demand and you are now being held in a queue.

1 Like

Just got mine after about 5 mins in the queue.

It was pretty stressful selecting seats, as they kept disappearing before I could select them.

1 Like

Same here, but I got a ticket. Excited!

1 Like

I got two, in the stalls.
The idea of being on a blacony in the dark sets my virtigo off.

got mine!

Just make sure you are seated before the lights go out!

Edit: oh sorry you are in the stalls, not the balcony.

1 Like

yeah and i think being as close to center is probably best (stereo imaging)

quite glad there will be seats actually, if it’s dark i prefer to be reclined.

1 Like

Yeah, by the time I got in the only Stalls seats left were way on the sides, so I got one fairly in the middle further back.

Yeah, I missed out on anything in the centre, I’m a little more to the side than I’d have liked.

We’re about here.

2 Likes

Tickets are going fast, only about 30 left.

I’m not surprised, they haven’t played for years.

How did you get that preview of your view?

Just downloaded a picture of the Barbican then put a yellow dot where my seats are (ish).

I have too much spare time.

2 Likes

Ah, lol. Some sites have a preview option I thought I missed that.

And North Face cagoules. So many North Face cagoules.

2 Likes

forgot, then a friend reminded me, then i saw there was only 5 seats left right at the back of the barbican, so i screamed FFFF**CCCKKKK, and booked two seats, then my payment was declined cos i put in wrong code in haste, so i screamed FFF*CCCKKKK, then my payment went through. and i’m seeing autechre live in 2022. will be 14th or 15th time, lost count. regardless of shite seats sound should be awesome.

8 Likes

Yeah, the RFH has a strict “no hipsters” policy after the chinstroker atrocities back in '03.

3 Likes

All sold now. That’ll learn me for getting up too late. (I’ve “seen” them a few times before tho)