A Guide to AUTECHRE

Also Yamaha RY30. I was thinking about it while testing new headphones on Cichlisuite, whose first 2 tracks feature it prominently.

1 Like

Aye, Iā€™d say Chiclisuite belongs with Chiastic Slide, tho, so slightly after Tri Repartae.

1 Like

can we talk about this. astounding recording.
is it all a few loops with them riding eq, delay, gates and envelopes?
mental energy.
thereā€™s a bit near 6 minutes where it almost falls apart

3 Likes

wow never heard this one. [thanks]

theres a similar, but worse, near collapse in the old tapes. ill find that bit and post it. its bad enough, that it throws me off every time I hear it. [could just be me tho]. ill find that spot, edit and postā€¦

Funny, that reminds me of an interview of Booth (I think) where he stated that he loved to listen to basic channel on the train. This track sounds like their take on this sound! Great, and brutal!

1 Like

1998!?!?!?!?!!? i also like how the other tracks on the release try to be a bit autechery, maybe cos they knew they were doing remixes for the 12. and Ae just went hard 4/4

Just got AE-Live 2016-2018. Loving it so far

5 Likes

Itā€™s very interesting listening to the 2016 sets first and then notice the added layers of complexity they added to the 2018 sets and the new approach in spite of being based all around same patches. Very very interesting.

Iā€™m only 45 minutes in, but Iā€™m just thrilled with this. Fairly straight ahead sounding for them, but it works for me. I love how they resist the temptation to drown everything in effects. Very happy right now

1 Like

hehe yes, even sounds dry at times, but full of details and unexpected turnsā€¦ I really enjoyed them a lot, I think theyā€™re currently at their top level.

2 Likes

hadnā€™t heard these versions beforeā€¦

6 Likes

Me neitherā€¦

One of my favourites. Love the metric modulation towards the end of the first track.

always loved the 1993 Birmingham setā€¦stumbled on this 95 just today. stoked.

2 Likes

I love these pictures of Tri Repetae so much.

Andā€¦ the music. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

this ones gotta be my standout from that record.

and 2nd Eutow or Clipper.

3 Likes

This oneā€™s a special bridge between this album and chiastic slide

5 Likes

speaking of the oscillate stuff, i adore this

2 Likes

oh yeah, a classic one!

Ya Medrey is awesome. I played the shit outta that track when it came out. So good.

@jwr I had birm 93 on loop for what felt like a year at on point :slight_smile: so good