A Guide to AUTECHRE

Saturday afternoon boredom with a sprained ankle led to this attempt at making T Ess Xi on my AK :grimacing:

14 Likes

That set is absolutely superb - thanks for the heads-up. Theyā€™re doing some really nice things with the melodies in Eutowā€¦

An attempt worth making so big shout out to your ankle for facilitating it! I think itā€™s really easy overlook how many nice melodic aspects there are to tracks on Exai and this is a great example of that.

1 Like

Seems like Ae are officially in the ā€œold guyā€ category. Their set is from 7-8pm :slight_smile:

I actually LOVE it when bands hit that point. Saw Tears for Fears, The Fixxā€¦they went on at 8. Get to see the show and get home at a good time :grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

haha. always hyped to see the phone vids to hear what direction this live set is going in. hope they drop an unexpected hard beats early evening set. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hope they record the board. :+1:t6:
Supposed to be new stuffā€¦no?

1 Like

They actually have a performance at the Barbican in October that starts at 10pm! Hope I wonā€™t be the old guy dozing off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Supposedly they had created a new set/ live engine for the new tour. And that was on 2020 I thinkā€¦ by now I donā€™t really know where they are supposed to be, given that theyā€™re workaholics hehe

1 Like

BTW. I will be there (Primavera Sound this Friday), I will report back :wink:

1 Like

I bagged the 7:00 one.

Because them Barbican seats are too comfy to be awake in after 10pm.

3 Likes

if i ever heard this i either forgot or rejected it, it is totally out there for 97ā€¦
sounds like LP5 sequencers and synths with some RSD10 glitches and spectral stuff thrown in sparingly.
vocal arrangement/processing is bizarre but beautiful, classic autechre progression.

4 Likes

Primavera Sound 2022 Live

11 Likes
6 Likes

oh man, I was thereā€¦ it was brutal on every sense, no time to breath. I think itā€™s the best live set by them until this date. So many layers of continuously morphing soundsā€¦ sometimes you canā€™t believe itā€™s live but of course it is and feels like it.
They are not slowing down with the age heheā€¦

4 Likes

Man, Autechre is the rabbithole that never ends! So much great stuff here Iā€™ve never heard. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Doing a live AMA right now. Interesting bits about Sign/Plus, Max, and other stuff. Canā€™t listen myself right now but I think Twitch records these automatically and leaves them up for a while.

14 Likes

This is excellent. Hope it does get archived

1 Like

I LOVE how blunt he can be :+1:t6:

1 Like

AMA in todays case was Autechre Mosquito Assault

so decent of him to do this.

THISā€¦100%ā€¦

i chopped out a chunk that hits home for me

11 Likes

the ama from twitch is ripped to youtube in parts on this channel. hereā€™s part 1

7 Likes