A Guide to AUTECHRE

Heck yeah, nice find, thanks!

That was a great interview. Now Iā€™m off to learn more about how the R8 worksā€¦ interesting to read they used it as their main sequencer. Getting to know this early stuff a bit more from a technical standpoint is making me realize just how big of an influence that work is on me, and why Iā€™ve always appreciated their output so much.

2 Likes

ā€œWeā€™re into rhythm and sound, basically.ā€ - Sean

4 Likes

Anyone know the track from Mixlr set at 1:58:00?

There is a mostly complete Google doc tracklist I got from Reddit, but that track seems to be the one that isnā€™t in the list yetā€¦

:wink:

3 Likes

I KNOW! The one missing one. I was all stoked to check the doc to find the one empty slot :frowning:

Confield and Draft 7.30 reissue preorders are live on Bleep. I donā€™t usually buy vinyl too often, but I picked these up right quick. Now I just need Untilted and Quaristiceā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks! YouTube subsequently recommended a Radio 4 interview which Iā€™ve been trying to track down for ages, from 2007/8. Both hilarious and insightfulā€¦

Part 1 | Part 2

7 Likes

interesting. Might be my favorite ae track. At least one of the most impressive to me

1 Like

Big thanks man! I would have been very sad to miss it.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also this one:

Only two on Twitch from Sean so far iirc.

1 Like

Such an uncompromising and unstoppable creative energy. Ae forever! <3

1 Like

Autechre will be playing an early 90s (DJ?) set tomorrow (5 February) on NTS radio:

7 Likes

Again?

Playing or replaying?

I know as much as you do. Probably a DJ set

Iā€™d imagine itā€™s all or some of this.

Oh, thatā€™s a shame

I could be wrong though.