A Guide to AUTECHRE

This song is incredible. Any idea what gear they might’ve used for this? Even an educated guess would be cool! It sounds so mysterious and fresh.

2 Likes

nord lead, mc202, maybe juno 106, they used those a lot

3 Likes

Wow, I never would’ve guessed those! Tone: sincere.

1 Like

Alesis Quadraverb was often on reverb duties for a lot of 90’s idm sounds so imagine here as well

this guy did this cover on a Nord lead 2x

Maybe bits of the Nord in there? :grinning:

4 Likes

This track is really beautiful, by far one of my favorites.
Seeing the snowy forests in my area with it is something so special.
Straight chills down the spine.

2 Likes

I think we got some Juno 106 here :slight_smile:

im probably wrong but DAMN what a track

12 Likes

One of my favourites.

2 Likes

Free codez:

3 Likes

Garbage was released early 1995, the first nord lead was released that year. I don’t think it was already featured on that ep.

1 Like

Great track - the beat is well
Engineered and the 2 pads well thought

1 Like

Cool video. Always been a fan.

Been a Ae fan since 96-97. I’m more into their late abstract stuff than their early material.
However, I always had a sweet spot for the Garbage/Anvil Vapre EP’s (more so than the Tri-Repetae album). My favourite track from that era is probably “Second Peng”… and I rarely see people talking about it.

It’s not repetitive, it’s insistent !!

1 Like

all the “Seconds” are super good!

[second scout = when I just moved to OC driving around blasting that track on my way to surf] :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like

Second Scout is a classic, no question.
Peng is often overlooked.

I hope not…its too good.

Let’s celebrate Draft 7.30’s 20th birthday today. :partying_face:

This is probably one of my most favourite AE albums. At least the most listened to by me.

It was the first Autechre release I bought immediately after its release. I remember as soon as I found out it had been released I went straight to the biggest cd shop in my town. At first they didn’t have it and I had to go there several days in a row to finally buy it. Unfortunately at home it turned out that the CD itself was cracked. I had to go again and replace it, but in the end I came back happy and was able to listen to it.

My favourite track from this album is probably 6IE.CR. I really like its raw first half and how it transitions into a more mellow second half. As soon as this track starts I always want to start the robot dance. :wink:

14 Likes

20 years! Where did the time go?

By far my favourite track and a big influence:

Also, I’ve got a real soft spot for this (that beat!)

I just love it when the hip-hop influence comes to the fore in their work. Amazing album!

10 Likes

An awesome album.
Whether it’s Draft or the Draft + Confield box set,
both have just been reissued on vinyl and are still available on Bleep.

2 Likes

The opening track and that kick at the beginning literally give me goosebumps. :ecstatic:

2 Likes