Ableton Note

Been testing this one for quite a while, it’s pretty sweet! Out today on iOS (no Android version)

15 Likes

no Android version :confused:

9 Likes

…little side “note”…THIS nice app does not comunicate with ur ableton doc’s directly…
first, there’s always that little xtra mile for ur “convinience” through some “ableton cloud” before u get ur additional notes to join ur ableton documents…

but i’ve heard, with version 12, they gonna refesh their whole browsing content backend…
to my ears, a serious step to catch up to some of the smoothness, where bitwig shines a little brighter…

dunno how much this ios app will cost, but whatsoever cloudy, a clear must have for all ableton users…at least the official ones…pretty sure, all who run cracks, will see heaps of xtra trouble, if they give this a try…

Ableton: Hi. Currently, we have chosen to focus our efforts on iOS and not on Android, but we’ll be paying close attention to how the music-making app space continues to develop.

7 euro and being bound to a cloud to export? They could’ve used Airdrop to share stuff with Ableton. I’ll pass.

2 Likes

Holy shit balls, I’m definitely in, if they can nail this it’s going to be huge for them and the iOS platform at large…

5 Likes

Huge. Did not expect this from them bit it makes massive sense. Keen to give it a whirl!

1 Like

This is wonderful news. The app looks great and there’s quite a bit there.

Exciting times for sure.

I love the Cloud integration. This closes the gap from sketching out an idea to finishing it on the desktop.

They did it right in my book:

4 Likes

Couldn’t resist a quick jam before work. Initial impressions: intuitive and fun. Looking forward to delving deeper.

2 Likes

You can Airdrop the project as well :wink:

The Cloud is there to make it frictionless and a part of your Ableton workflow. :facepunch:t3:

10 Likes

…yup…as mentioned, that little “cloud” detour…

instead of clean and simple via air drop…a nice way to make sure, all crack users simply can’t participate… :wink:

that’s great invested money, from developers point of view…
especially given the fact, that 7 euro is superteasing and hardly covers development efforts and transaction fees…but it will clearly detect, who’s running a crack…
and for those who don’t, their official user base, they will all be happy to stick around and use it…

The Cloud is optional.

Airdrop away!

4 Likes

…oh…what an unsuspected nice surprise…air drop worx!?..even without any first cloud dial in…?

Nice one.

Any kind of MIDI controller support?

Does it play nice with any other apps (IAA or AUv3)?

What are the advantages over Intua Beatmaker 2/3, GarageBand or Korg Gadget?

Ableton have stiff competition and they are late.

Add AUv3 support (either allowing it to be used as a multi-output app or to host others) and they could take over iOS completely.

Bring in support for M4L and it’s done.

The M1 devices could easily handle anything you wanted to throw at them

1 Like

I wonder if it works with the Launchpad Pro?

Ableton: Audio Unit v3 devices are not available in Note, since this would not be compatible with Ableton Live on Windows. We hope for your understanding!

Kind of feels like it might be a standalone iOS app for Ableton users who don’t currently use iOS apps

1 Like

This looks great. Being able to do field recordings and sample stuff on the go then drop into ableton is pretty sweet

1 Like

Just record your loops in AUM and export them to Note. Done.

1 Like