Ableton Note

Check out this overview / tutorial for anyone that’s interested in learning more.

1 Like

Have I understood this right ? That you don’t actually need to move on to ableton live, and you could instead export wavs for use in, say, model samples ?

EDIT: Oops, should have searched harder I see this post has the answer.

Looks like this may have been updated yesterday with midi input. Can’t wait to get home and test with the OP-1F!

Anyone tried it out yet?

1 Like

According to posts on the Ableton forum, it’s not working :grimacing:

Sake! I’ll give it a go later anyway

5 Likes

🥲

At least it’s confirmed as being on the roadmap though. Would massively improve its usability for me.

And second benefit of trying timing: I at least learned how you put Bluetooth on with the OP-1F :joy:

Unfortunately, for me, Note does indeed look like as isolated notedpad. Though it’s slick for a low-resistance way of capturing rhythms, when it comes to melody or bassline I already have in my head, I find I get distracted into finding a suitable preset (because for me, there are few that I like)

On top of which, since I’m not an ableton user, there are just too many steps to take to take the exported wav to somewhere usable (move to koala, crop, chop, export, unzip, transfer to a hardware sample player) which totally undoes all the advantages gained from the slick start point. Maybe I’m missing something to make that slicker (audio share ? samplecrate ?) but its still a few steps.

So for me, with Note, it’s either

• start with an idea in my head, record in note, and later restart it elsewhere based on note’s playback
  • start with no idea, accept the random start point given by a new note ‘set’ and see what happens.

Has to be said the FM and and wavetable machines sound nice though.

Looks like MIDI input has officially been added now. Might give it a go later and see if it’ll play nicely with my OP1F

From what I’ve read elsewhere, it’s note input only, no support for pitchbend and mod wheel for instance.

I think That’d do for me for now. Time will tell!

1 Like

Hi! I changed my iphone and now it seems that I can’t play 3 notes chords. Only 2 notes. Does someone know if there is a special setting to enable 3 notes chords?
Edit: ok it was because of the zoom option that I had to disable

You know what would be a killer feature for Note? An integrated mobile port of Ableton’s new Drift synth.

5 Likes

A 0 latency Bluetooth play as well or step sequencer

Now that ableton note has midi, who will be the first to combine it with one of these ?

this looks really interesting! cheers for shouting about it, gonna investigate for sure

1 Like

The more I think about, the more I think I might try it myself. Might be the ideal cafe music combo.

1 Like

I should give it a shot. I got one of the DIY kits of this to practice my soldering and once I had it assembled I never used it lol.

Works prettt well, though knob doesn’t seem to be mapped to anything.

1 Like