Acid on Digitone

^ acid patch using the following settings

9 Likes

Account was set to private, just switched it. Digitone verb and delay on the beginning patch. Who needs a 303, Digitone does it all.

Though I still want a 303ā€¦

3 Likes

I have a TB03, I never use it. i usually use the SH01a or the Xenophone for acid stuffs. I love the 303 but unless you process the shit out of it with the resonance stealing the bass, etc. its a bit are to work with.

3 Likes

whyā€¦?

Iā€™ve never gotten to use one in person, want to see what all the hype was about. Iā€™ve also used my sh01a for acid stuff, but itā€™s been boxed up for a bit. Diving into my Digitone and Ambika for the most part lately. DN seems to acid very well though!

well, obviously it does! Iā€˜d say no need for an oiriginal or a cloned 303. Itā€˜s not the 90s!! Wake up, Neo! Err - McFly!

1 Like

Mc 303 was my first groovebox! Worse TB303 sounds I had. :smile:
0303 is also my birthday! :content:
Not sure if Iā€™d pay for an original TB303.

I have a XOX Heart I paid 90ā‚¬, I can sequence it with A4. I may have to go back to it to get some subtleties (if I remember how I soldered it! :pl:)

I still yen for a 303 of some type. Purely just for the fun factor. Synths with no screen, no menus, just twist knobs and off you go really do it for me.

That said, the digitone is amazing. I love it. The new OS update has really made a difference.

4 Likes

Above picture? If you set Mix to Y itā€™s thinner, pretty close to yours. I changed to X probably because I used old heaphones lacking bass.

Iā€™d like to find a way to have a saw and a square selected by MIX.
I like below setting to make a kind of square with X position, but it can be improved.

1 Like

me too, a clone to be precise, but listening to these examples, and also examples I heard from the A4, I donā€™t see the need if its only about the sound. Not a purist at all :slight_smile: The simplicity is what attracts me to it.
Also, Iā€™m really impressed by the sound and ease of use of Pure Acid on ios

2 Likes
11 Likes

Perfect Tutorial, thanks

2 Likes

LOVE the last line of the tutorialā€¦

ā€œā€¦you know everyone loves 303s now donā€™t theyā€¦since they were told toā€

HA HA HAHA :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the comments on my tutorial people! Glad to know its useful, and brings a smile or a giggle.

The new OS udate with mono legato mode makes a 303 patch even better, get stuck in!
Happy aciding!

6 Likes

This is flippin crazy. Some of the demo patches posted in this thread sound good enough I that I wouldnā€™t be able to tell the difference in a mix by ear vs ā€˜the real thingā€™ or any of the clones.

Never thought about it before as I thought I needed my TD-3 to get ā€˜that soundā€™ in my live rig, but if it came down to it, I could honestly let go of it and do all the acid on the DN. For just providing ā€˜that soundā€™, the TD-3 eats up a whoooole lotta space in a road case, most of which is the sequencer which, letā€™s be real, Iā€™m not touching in a live performance. On the other hand I could totally see myself reprogramming an acid line using the DN sequencer/arp on the fly, then FUNC+NO to revert! whatttttā€¦ i canā€™t wait to try this.

(also with limited OT inputs i run the TD3 through my minitaur, which i then cant use simultaneously for a deeper bass cause gate/filter have to be open for the input)

Simplest acid patch on the DN:
Step one- open new song / blank patch.
Step two- turn algorithm to 8 and subtract to 100% voice B.
Step three- turn feedback up for desired pulse width and start feeding the synth level A and B until you get desired sound.
Step four- start programming the filter and amp ADSR for acid.

5 Likes

You still need, portamento on. Mono legato mode on.
And program the velocity mods to make accentsā€¦

Also, you can use algo 1 and synthesize a saw or square via A ratio, feedback and A level.

3 Likes

Lol they gotta figure That part out on their own xD but yeah I can make one on any algo

1 Like

Just watched the Matrix (1999) again last night. I know why it still one of my favorite movie. The sets, the dialogs, the colors, the characters, the scenario are just amazing.

3 Likes

Big ups on the mono legato mode forgot I could do that !