AKAI Force

Thanx tsutek
Anybody tried this yet? I have tried to download in Mac and windows and it always says that the file is corrupt and i cannot install it…

Its an earlier beta without the drum synth i would guess. And not the one showed at Namm.

Try to copy the file to an sd card, and install it directly on the force.

Perfect! I knew i was missing something obvious. Thanx buddy

No problem! Enjoy some new features. :slight_smile:

So yall got the beta running already? Sweet! Imma get some coffee and get busy updating

1 Like

For those of us too jaded to click on a gearlsuxx link, any inklings as to what improvements/additions might be included in this “beta”?

From what I have gathered so far, this beta is the september 2019 beta which people in the beta program were already testing. Its not the “NAMM beta” which was shown with the drumsynth.

AFAIK this only adds the arrangement mode.

Its possible that the link got pulled already?

EDIT: Having now taken a glance at the arranger, I feel like I’d really need an updated manual or instructions how to use this new mode… Its not exactly intuitive to me right now. Can anyone help me understand how this works? What are the diffs between the two rec modes (•CLIP vs •ARRANGE)? Can I make any edits to the arrangement, and if so, how?

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Just waiting for the disk streaming update to pull the credit card out of the freezer, so I don’t use it on dumb stuff.

I think Nick did this on his own initiative. And links have been pulled. Even the first post on the Akai Force users facebook group is removed. Hopefully Akai doesnt remove Nick. hehe.

I hope nick is still with Akai. I greatly appreciate the leak as a sign of goodwill and am looking forward to learning how to use the new arranger.

Same here. I think he is genuinely extatic about the force, and hates to see all the complaining about the missing arranger, and just went for it.

It seems that “Arrange”records the changes you do Into the arrangment. “Clip”, will work the same way it did before - recode automation, midi audio into clips.

I think that to change stuff on the arrangement is in “grid”. As is it’s not very intuiTive nor practical, I guess that is why they changed it to have the clip edit on the arrangement view, on the NAMM beta

1 Like

Yes , thanks, that explains it.

The arranger isnt too useful for me without inline editing, but I suppose its better than not having one at all. Without inline editing, futzing with them fills and section transitions is a bit of a PITA, as it helps alot to be able to see the adjacent tracks in relation to editing those.

I think its because of the cv control with the modular. I was wondering the same thing since it seemed like he went from octatrack to sp16 to mpc to the force.

1 Like

Heres someone showing off arrange view, seems to be learning it as he goes along :slight_smile:

I have the Beta version with the arranger, it make a difference as it i now possible to feel like you’re finishing songs now not just jamming with loops.
But editing an arrangement is painful and you can’t just insert a clip at a certain point of the timeline.

To be honest, the more time I spend with the Force and the more I realise that what I want is mostly the ability to edit note length more easily, like you do on a Beatstep or on Circuit.

Then I would jut export all my loops to Live 10 and finish there…

That was like wading through treacle. But thanks for posting the Vid anyway. I’m still really intrigued.

How does it currently work?