AKAI Force

Awesome!

Thanks again guys.

Really looking forward to pairing this with my OT.

on the verge of picking up a force but theres one question i cant seem to find a straight answer for that will ultimately dictate my decision.

question: w/ ableton link, will i be able to control third-party plug-ins?

more so i want to sell my push and take advantage of forceā€™s scale/chord mode just how i was using that similar feature with push.

is this possible?
or is it only available with internal akai plugins.

this is the only way i would sell my push and help fund the force, making the switch over.

actually the only reason iā€™ve still been using push is the scale function.

Ableton Link is only a sync method.

I have barely tested the Ableton integration on my Force, so i might have missed something. But the Ableton integration is more about starting and stopping clips. There is some possibility to control things but from what ive understood it doesnt have the same deep integration that Push has.

But on the Force you can use a midi track and set up midi cc on the q-links. And you can use midi to control what you want on Ableton. But this involves some work to get it going.

Either way, i love my Force. But ive seen alot of dissapointed people regretting selling their Push for a Force.

Does anyone know the SD/SDHC size limit on the Force?

Thanks

I think Akai reccomend up to 64gb, but people have used larger than that.

I only use the sd card to move some files. Got an 512 gb ssd in mine.

1 Like

Thanks

I have a 128gb in my live so Iā€™d guess itā€™d be ok for the force.

1 Like

Thank you.

I have 500 on my Force too.
As for your question about 3rd party plugins, you can have a midi track and a usb cable and control them that way. Midi cable if youā€™re not on the beta

I gave nine back during the first 30 days end of last year. As I am still on my journey to find the correct machineā€¦ is the arranger mode update available already?

No. Not yet. So if you are impatient and at a risk of high blood pressure, I would wait. :wink:

The info leaked about the latest beta looks promising though!

Well, it has this state since December 2019 ,)

Just arrived. Although my plans to tinker have been scuppered.

6 Likes

F akai. The force and their bs lies are why I refuse to give them money for anything right now. I should probably boycott all inmusic but itā€™s not that hard since they own so few good brands. More like a collection of cheap losers, posers, and has beens.

Well, i dont know of anything that could replace my Force. Even at the current state it is in. For me it is the perfect centerpiece for combining external gear, sampling and live arrangements.

And like the MPC line, it gets better with every update. Even if it takes too long between them.

2 Likes

I do find it intriguing that there are user that get on with it & make music & other that canā€™t seem to do so. And this applies to other stuff too.

Iā€™m not having a pop at @0mega, just really curious about these opposing experiences and the different needs & requirements.

I joined the Akai Force FB page & there were a lot of people complaining that you could only make standard techno & house on the Force.

This video convinced me otherwise.

1 Like

There is alot of dissapointed people on most Akai Force threads. And they tend to be very vocal about it. I can get some of the complaints. But it may be my age that makes me think of gear in a different way. I look for a way to improve my general workflow. And if there is something that the box cant do, i look for workarounds. If i cant find one, i just look to other gear that makes me able to do what i want.

There is some things i would love to see in a future update. But even as it is now, iĀ“m still more productive than ever! It breathes new life into all monosynths and monotimbral synths. If i have something going with my Peak, i can just sample to clip, and change the sound to something else. And keep going! And with monosynths i often end up using the autosampler. Takes about 2 minutes to sample all keys on a short sound, and map it to a keygroup.

Ive set up a stereo bus on my mixer, so i just have to press a couple of buttons, and boom. There is a sampled loop of what ever i want. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My problem is the false advertising and lies from Akai. I really enjoyed parts of the force but I cannot support a company that advertises something that isnā€™t there and then provides videos at NAMM showing something that is allegedly coming soon and never comes, leaving me past my return date and taking a loss on selling it. The complaint has nothing to do with the force (I would have probably been fine if I knew it was less than advertised), the problem is the fucked up business practice.

Maybe one day Iā€™ll buy one again once itā€™s done. If itā€™s done.

2 Likes

I get that. They where a bit optimistic on their promises. Kind of like Elektron with overbridgeā€¦

Yup and if I bought my electrons during those promises I might have a nasty feeling towards them