AKAI Force

the force is sick AF, with what it’s currently capable of + resampling +slicing there isn’t anything that can’t be done on it… only reason I don’t have one is because it’s big AF too, can’t wait for the smaller version.

2 Likes

Too big? I would buy a Force XL with 16 of those q-link knobs! hehe. But last year i got a dedicated room for my gear, so i still have space for stuff. But man, it started to fill up fast!

1 Like

I hear you, but these days when I really enjoy an instrument of this kind more than anything I need to be able to take it with me rather than having to go to where ever I leave it… need a model I can take all over the House and outside of it as well

Does anyone have info on what’s coming in the next firmware update? Has talk been that it’s coming soon or “soon”?

Possibly…

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=199007

If not mentioned in the above, i’m hoping for that drum synth that got a sneak peak.

Couldn’t agree more with the Force improving my workflow. It is my main hub alongside the OT. Both devices paired together are an extremely useful live combo!

2 Likes

I returned my Force in December last year on the last day I could, cause of frustration about the firmware (arranger) and the pricedrop (would have los 350€ just because of that).
Yesterday I ordered it again. Why? Because I realized that I was perfect for everything that I try to archive OTB after that. I tried every groovebox and available multitrack sequencer out there, and even that most of them had song modes, I missed a good workflow for making the last 5% good. So I went back to the DAW for the last step, getting more frustrated with grooveboxes because converting everything to be able to do final arrangement in DAW led to tons of more work.
After now days of research I decided for me: the ability to export my jams, loops an stuff directly to ableton format will be what I missed most.

So f### arranger mode, I look forward for the quick idea sketching, easy sampling etc and the quick way to finalize it itb.
I look forward to the 3.0.5 automation and midi upgrades but that is nothing I need to depend on.

2 Likes

Have you tried the 3.0.4 leaked beta? Only upside about the arranger is that i could record my clip triggering, and export everything as separate audiotracks for easier mixing in Cubase.

Looking forward to the 3.0.5 release. The leaked info looks amazing!

1 Like

Having a 1st play with the Force.

Just preset kit etc.

A couple things to mention/ask.

Coming from an Mpc Live/One I feel a little bit unsure. I liked the size and feel of the Mpc One pads, over the Force. I preferred the One pads to the Live too. I knew what I was getting into with the size of the Force’s pads, so hopefully a simple adjustment.

Might just be in my head but the Force seems much slower than the Mpc’s to load projects.

I don’t like the feel of the crossfader at all.

1 quick initial question.

In note latch mode there’s a delay in triggering the sound when you press the pads. Mpc live/One didn’t have a delay.

Can anyone comment on this?

Crossfader doesnt feel as good as the Octatrack. But thats the only other crossfader ive ever tried.

I have never used an MPC so cant compare anything to those. But what do you mean by note latch? I can test it out later today.

Sorry, I meant note repeat.

Ahh, I think it is because the Force quantizes it. So you will feel the delay on the first press, as it is locked to the quantize setting i think. Ive never thought of the delay. I just noticed that i was strangely “on time” when playing with it. hehe.

Its fun to have velocity on, and doing drums with the note repeat on. Always in time, so you can kind of go nuts with fills and rolls.

1 Like

The MPC’s will quantise it but you get the 1st note. This feels wrong.

MPC´s are for hiphop and feel. But Force is for techno and quantized. hehe.

It might be some settings in the quantize menu. I just havent played with note repeat that much.

But even if I’m making a techno track, if I have note repeat on I want the note to hit as soon as the recording starts. It’s like really bad latency.

It feels awkward and sloppy in the Force.

But I’ll check for different settings.

I can really appreciate the clip launching aspect but I much prefer the working Mpc environment.

I´ll see if i can test it out tonight. What firmware are you on?

Thanks. 3.0

Download the latest official one. 3.0.4. Might have been a early bug that got fixed.

1 Like

Phew!!

That did it. I could feel my face getting hotter & hotter.

Thank you.

Even though the Force manual says you can use an SD/SDHC Card, my SDXC card seems to be working in the Force. Formatted & recognised. Projects saved. Now to transfer samples & see if they’ll load.

EDIT: See below - some issues with the SDXC card.