AKAI Force

The only port set to master is Force.
Every synthis is set up to his own midi channel.

Force is the physical midi input. When set to master everything comming in on the midi port is sent to all tracks. If you change it to ā€œtrackā€ only, and select ā€œForceā€ or ā€œall inputsā€ on the tracks that needs to get midi from the midi input, does it work then?

1 Like

I will try once I get to the studio and let u know. Thanks!

It doesnā€™tā€¦
How do u have it set up?

This is how i set it up if Hydrasynth still has local on. If i turn local off, i turn on midi monitoring on that track. The two inputs i have as master is only used with dedicated controller keyboards.

Could you take a picture of your setups?

Hey Force owners! Still researching over here.

With drum tracks, are drum part mutes saved per clip?

On the MPC series leading up to the Force, mutes were saved per sequence. Love that feature for love jamming.

Thanks!

Just checked this as I wasnā€™t sure and drum kit mutes are per track. So if you mute the kick on a pattern then switch, kick will remain muted

Still hovering over the Force. Wonder how much consolidation there might actually be between Force and MPC firmware in future?

If I could get some of the Force MPC features on MPC Live, Iā€™d probably be happy with the Live.

1 Like

I think the Force can do all the important MPC stuff but with added benefits.

Why are you holding back from a Force?

I have a Live, but need better clip launching capabilities. Ideally better pitch shifting too.

Both kinda promised for Live, but havenā€™t appeared yet. Price of Force has gone up here in the U.K. too, which is why Iā€™m prevaricating.

how much improvement are you actually expecting in real time stretching because if anything that is probably where the least amount of improvement will happen?

Is it possible to use a keyboard in step sequencing mode for plug ins?
Like chosing the step on the Force and pressing a keyboard key to choose the note for that step?

Are there any good videos on Force MELODIC step sequencers?

apparently the Force is about to blow up if the tension in the air is accurateā€¦ looking forward to seeing how well you guys get on with the impending update

1 Like

Damn. Read your comment and then did a bit of diggingā€¦ new plugins, hdd streaming and possibly class compliant audio / midi options are some of the dropped hintsā€¦ which works well for me as by random chance I bought one second hand earlier today.

2 Likes

yeah whenever people begin to doubt Akai ā€¦ boooomshakalaka!

Theyā€™re taking new applications for Beta Testersā€¦

Iā€™ve read something on GS about disc-streaming for the Force - donā€™t know if this is reliable

hopefully it will come and hopefully also for the Live

here is the quote from someone on GS:

The Force beta has new additions to the sampler (drum/keygroup programs) that include adjustable envelope curves, random parameter offsets (for amp, tune, pan, filter, etc.), and a pitch envelope!

Finally a freaking pitch envelope!!

Oh the Force beta also has support for Class Compliant Audio interfaces (like the M+), Vocal FX (like the MV-1), Granular/Stutter FX (like the MC-101/707), more plugin synths, sample pitch/key detection, and disk streaming.

1 Like

Disk streaming tucked in there right at the end! :open_mouth:

I bet like 1 of those features will be released in the next update. The internet will explode and blame Akai for telling them they were getting it all.

All the while it was just a rumored leak on Gearslutzā€¦

I bet :wink:

1 Like