AKAI Force

You using both midi in and out to the Virus? if so, turned local control off?

2 Likes

Audio interface support in force could bring me back. I would have loved it as a complex mixer with sidechain

1 Like

Did that.

Without more detail, could be any number of things

1 Like

Are u using a Ti with Force?

Virus c among others

Keyboard?

No offence @shinobi, but this is kinda feeling like a interview for a top secret position. If you care to share the problem, then maybe I or someone else can offer some new insight. Most people pretty helpful around here if they see a potential issue, as you no doubt know.

In the meantime, due to the Force having the power to break necks and hunch backs, just built this stand:

9 Likes

Okā€¦ i set up the Ti to control my Force. All works fine!
Butā€¦ from time to time it gets crazy like notes vibrate and go out of tune and the only solution is to take it out of the mains (the Ti that is).
The problem is not with the Force as by itself works fine.
It s something weird in the Ti kbd, that s why I asked if anyone using the Ti kbd with the Forceā€¦

Sounds unusual. Guessing the virus fine by itself and only does this when connected (via midi?) into the force? Tempted to say you have a force midi track with pitch or CC data that is somehow routed into one of the virus multi channels? Again limited by detail but that would be my first place to check.

1 Like

It seems like a midi loop of some sorts. What are your midi channel monitoring settings?

I have made some ā€œsuccessfullā€ midiloops with some of my gear. In that it works fine even if there is a midi loop, so the q-links follow the knobs on the synth. But once in a while it glitches out. So it can explain why it works fine sometimes with the Virus, then suddenly glitches a bit.

1 Like

Found the problemā€¦!
It s the Virus Ti. It has some bug or something on the pitch wheelā€¦ the wheel doesn t work properly bringing uncontrolled pitch weavings.
Any of you had something like this?

1 Like

No chord-arp in the arp menu?? :thinking:

For God s sake, how da f to set up a knob to send a certain cc?
Read the manual in vainā€¦:grimacing:

Select a midi track first, then:
Menu->Macros->Knobs->Tap on the top left, I think by default it says volume and scroll to Track.
Tap on one of the knobs on the screen, then either delete or add a new assignment (each knob can be assigned to multiple CC and have ranges)

Alternative:
Hold down knobs, on the pop up select track (assuming youā€™re on a midi track), then press menu>knobs and you should be on the assign page.

Holding down knobs is the fastest way to change assignments.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot my friend! I own u one!!
It really works!!
Can t thank you enough!!

Couple quick questions.

Does q-link automation on the master channel get recorded to the arrangement timeline?

Do stems get exported as perfect loops. i.e. do you get the option to wrap a loops tail to the beginning?

Thanks!!!

No. You canā€™t record automation on the master channel but I know thereā€™s been a lot of disappointment on that front. I donā€™t know but would guess it will be addressed eventually.

Not sure about the second question.

But Iā€™m sure you can set up parameters to automate via the pad performance mode and that does record into the arrangement.

I donā€™t have a Force anymore, but I think that was one of the last things I tried out.

How to load the midi clips saved in a project to another.
I can see it saves, but just donā€™t understand how to loadā€¦ :frowning: