AKAI Force

Anyone?

Iā€™ll try right now

1 Like

It took a bit but I managed to, I was saving it wrong, so it would load an empty clip.
Saving
Important bit I was missing: Hold SELECT and press the clip you want to save or it will save an empty one
Press save, save it somewhere

Select a drum or plugin track, press load, look for the file and load it, if you canā€™t find it in the right folder, make sure that under the search field the rightmost button is pressed.

2 Likes

Again u r helping meā€¦ :pray:
For some reason canā€™t find the midi clip after savingā€¦
It could be because I am on a midi track?

Make sure this button is pressed

1 Like

Can t find itā€¦ I know it saves it, but can t find itā€¦ what do I do wrong?

ok serious Q for you force guys, do you also use Ableton push 2 and if you do, what about the force makes it the greatest thing since French bread?

That is really weird. Not sure why it doesnā€™t show

1 Like

When I choose where I save, I can see the previous saved onesā€¦ so they r saving.

Maybe my loading process is wrong?
I touch a new clip and press loadā€¦

Curious here. Is it easy to adjust the length of a note. Say, If I wanted to use loops in the drum rack. Making the note a whole bar long.

Thanks for your help on my other questions btw!

Two ways I can think of, maybe more.
Set the step sequencer resolution to 1 bar and enter a note.
Or select the note either tapping on the screen or holding select plus note, then tap ā€˜edit endā€™ in grid view and change the duration.
But if the sample is of the right length you can set it to one shot.

It is easier than it seems from the above description but annoying if youā€™re used the Elektron workflow of hold the step and move a knob

1 Like

https://youtube.com/shorts/C0TnFODlJOM?feature=share

Does your Force also blinks shortly while presing power button? Like about 2 sec. Into the clip.
Regards,

Mine does, just slightly shorter. Never noticed until you posted it

How does the sound quality of the Force plugins compare to the MPC Live? Just saw a YouTube that said the Force sounds better, more nuanced. I thought the plugs and sound engines were the same.

Thanks!

How good is the Force for sound design?
I am trying to make sort of noise/industrial/ambient mostly repetitive, but with live feel whacky stuff (I love Cabaret Voltaire sound) and curious if there is a good way to get that type of sounds out of the Force?
Are the FX and build-in tools (that envelope follower!) useable for this purpose?

I thought the Force and MPC synths are identical except that only the Force has the Hype synth. In my opinion Hype is better than the others but that may be taste as much as anything.

Itā€™s a pretty good sampler. Thereā€™s some scope for sound design but it is limited compared to what you get with just Ableton tbh Compared to a Digitakt I donā€™t think the Force has a lot of character.

Thatā€™s probably slightly too negative. Itā€™s a very good sampler and it works really well with other gear. I donā€™t think the sounds it produces on itā€™s own are probably not going to do what youā€™re after.

1 Like

Quick question (still trying to decide whether or not to go for a Force). Can clips me MIDI clips as well as audio, for driving external synths via MIDI? Ta!

1 Like

Bread & butter sound design, nothing special. If you want something furious pop a sdd into it and load samples.