AKAI Force

Yes, and you can have preset tracks for each synth, with a control template set up.

Yes

Donā€™t think about it, just grab one. Best bang for your buck in regards to an all in one hardware sampler/sequencer/live box. Akai is also very good about regularly updating the Force firmware. So many more capabilities for this machine down the road.

Peace

1 Like

To be honest, it can be overwhelming as it does a lot, but thereā€™s nothing like it out there. I briefly looked at Maschine + but the Force does the same and more, disclaimer, I donā€™t use the internal synths just the drum synths every now and then and they sound really good.
It feels like the most slept on hardware on the market, grab one while theyā€™re still cheap, this might change after the next update.

Damn bro. I kind of want one still. Ugh.

The sheer size is what makes me hesitant.

But yea. Just do it.

:metal:t4::metal:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Iā€™m sayin, who the heck green lighted that formfactor, they could have charged a higher price for a sleeker/ more portable design

If youā€™re ever in the situation where you have gear in your backpack and somebodyā€™s shooting in your direction would you rather have the protection of the Force massive chunk of steel or of an Mpc One?
Get the Force, invest in your post apocalyptic gear survival.

9 Likes

:joy:

Hell yea :joy::joy::joy:

Forget the apocalypse, I wear my force walking through Atlanta.

Can any Force owners confirm that it is able to record an audio track when midi synced (ie the other device is master, not Force as master) The MPC One and the desktop software both drop out of record when the track is armed for recording as soon as you press start on the master device.

Iā€™d appreciate if someone could test this and let me know, thanks.

You canā€™t. I canā€™t remember the exact error message but sounds a lot what youā€™re seeing on the MPCs.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming, pretty disappointing.

No worries. Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t even use the (re)sample while itā€™s slaved which is kind of hard to understand but there it is. Iā€™m about to work around it but itā€™s disappointing.

Dang that is inconvenient.

Yeah. Itā€™s one of the strangest things ever. Had to change the way I sync everything. But it was worth it.

Can sample when synced via ableton link. Mtc should also work.

Lucky me. I had my OP-1 up on CL for sale and a guy had a Force for sale. Made the trade plus a little $ coming my way and boom! Easy. I got my Force!

Kind of fits perfectly on the hardware table

Iā€™m fairly proficient with the MPC Live so the Force threw me for a loop at first. But after a couple of hours, things start to flow, quickly.

As others have said and reviewed, itā€™s got the heart of an MPC, but itā€™s definitely not an MPC.

I didnā€™t know Iā€™d be as much a fan of the clips, but after some trial and error (capture and inserts) you can build a jam pretty quickly.

Yes, now, I see what the hypes been about. Itā€™s a fun box. But still lots to explore. Havenā€™t even tried the arranger. Donā€™t even know if I can figure out the button combos to unlock it.

Speaking of unlocking secret levels. Yea. Lots of button-shift-combos. Whoever designed the ergonomics of this thing should be fired. Probably a nice guy or gal, but yea. Keep them away from the designers table next time.

All in all, Iā€™m feeling it. Thanks to the homies on here who said just do it! Good trade for me.

5 Likes

For me the Force is all about the clip view, I love the Live but clips made the difference between messing around and finishing songs.
My workflow is usually about recording lots of clips first, then roughly arranging them in launch lines to have a more or less linear structure, the I either record my clip launching in arranger mode then add fills and variations or just duplicate lines to create fills and variations then recording them in arranger mode.

Hit me up if you need anything, happy to try and help.

Tip: using your finger to move around notes can be annoying, record a clip, enter step sequencer mode.
Then with grid view on the screen, hold select + a step with a note and with the screen buttons and the value wheel you can quickly edit note by note.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve also read in the Force thread in Gearspace (formerly Gearslutz) that a few users are successfully using touchscreen pens to edit their notes on the Force touchscreen. I havenā€™t tried it myself, but another possible option that might be worth considering.

1 Like

no, you cannot record audio with the force if it is running as a midi slave. neither in the session nor in the arranger view. it only works with ableton link. But not particularly good because the recording was never tight. not sync with the recording starting point. then you always have to readjust, cut, move. that was also the reason why i sold mine again. make music like that is no fun.