Akai Rumours

They must be working really hard that there hasn’t been a single update, even for basic maintenance, in more than 2 years. The recent App Store reviews are full of complaints.

Na.

What basic update did it need? I have 0 problems when I use it.
Yeah…lead dev left a while ago. It’s mad slow. Doesn’t mean it’s abandonware.

1 Like

why’s it got all that salt all over it then

lead salt guy. you should switch to akai, they’re looking for a guy of your caliber

1 Like

I gave up on akai when I sold my last 1k to a fellow forum member.
Sometimes I miss it. The other times I’m awake.

2 Likes

If you know anything about iOS you know apps need updates to run smoothly with new OS and Auv3s developed for later OS.

If only Intua put the money they put into online shills (weird form of marketing) into dev work it could have potential to be an MPC killer. Lord knows current gen IPad destroys any mpc hardware in any spec…but Intua and Akai seem cut from the same cloth unfortunately…

Yeah, ngl, it would have been far better if the original dev stuck around. I seriously don’t have any issues w/ it. It’s not my main go to, but I know many others that use it exclusively, no issues.

Length between updates doesn’t mean anything. Nor do apps need to be updated w/ every iOS release. Samplr just got it’s 1st update in 3 years last month, for example.

I Do wish (like everyone else) intua would just break out the sampler into its own AUv3, but I get it.

https://www.mpc-forums.com/
:control_knobs:

lemme correct that for you

“’(most) music online forum people are picky bitches that are never satisfied. I speak from experience.”

2 Likes

Denial is the 1st stage of a problem.
(For those who dont feel they are included in the (most))

there is no such thing as an mpc killer and the world can’t handle it :grin:
every single model of mpc ever made is still in play, and the core of it’s workflow is often imitated but never emulated…akai know this that is why they carry on against the wailing of the lost souls and the teeming pitchforks… I know people who complain about mpcs and still have made hit records with them… the cycle will never stop

3 Likes

But just think about all the hit records they could have made if Akai would just… oh wait… what?

I find the reaction to the XSE a bit weird tbh. It makes sense for the non keys flagship to get a modest upgrade to keep it in line with the keys version. Not every device can bring about the revolution. We always want more I guess but there’s probably a pretty good set of reasons why we don’t get it.

2 Likes

Capitalism is why. If a company made the ultimate device with everything you wished for and everyone bought just one it wouldn’t be as profitable compared to releasing new versions with incremental upgrades every few years.

I love all this fuss over what was actually a pretty low key teaser for a pretty low key product upgrade.

Maybe Akai should just release new things without telling anyone, then you’d all be happy.

10 Likes

Low key teaser? All the influencers and their brand new free of charge MPC X SE required to post marketing videos, and how much did AKAI pay Dupree? This was an expensive marketing campaign, not a “low key teaser”.

2 Likes

Look how up in arms you are.

Over what, a fucking product launch?

Sorry, I don’t get why it matters so much.

4 Likes

Did I say I was up in arms? Or is this your assumption? You’re assuming too much. But to deny the large scale of the marketing campaign is just silly.

2 Likes

Capitalism is why we get any device at all, let’s be real.

And by good set of reasons I didn’t mean they were all good for the consumer.

That being said, if the perfect device existed it would just keep getting sold, there’d be nearly no used market for it, and it’s user base would grow into markets music gear doesn’t currently reach because everyone would see how good it is and take up the hobby.

In the real world though, things break, alternatives are available, and there’s a lot of companies vying for our dollar. If the perfect device is overpriced it will probably be overlooked by that part of the market that doesn’t really care much about specs, only about who’s using it and what they’re making with it, and who only find the limitations through use.

I guess the mpc has been and will continue to be a polarizing subject but for folks like me who don’t need it to be ableton or an modern day eco system of some sort and just need it to slice up samples every which way and slather FX all over them before sequencing them it’s perfectly fine… doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like it if the new models or every model that they ever make for that matter had faders on them, and doesn’t mean that I don’t wish all qLinks were on the left side of the pads on every model as well, but really more than anything else I just need more sample editing features and more fx to slather, everything else is just everything else

oh… actually akai if you’re listening I would love for you to make it so that I could run the digitakt into the mpc class compliantly … you need to bump that sample rate requirement up to 48.

2 Likes