Akai Rumours

I’ve only used the software. It’s not very CPU intensive so it’s one of a few things that runs really smoothly on my old HP 608. However, maybe it’s just my old tablet or my fat fingers, but it can be tricky to dial in precise values on the touch screen. So it doesn’t quite work for the couch since I need to add a controller and a mouse.

I think that what I’d like to see from them is something that’s about the form factor of the old MPC Studio Black with a battery that can run stand alone.

4 Likes

I gotta believe they will put out something more portable than the mpc one eventually because even though smaller than the live 1&2 it’s still doesn’t feel comfortable to just throw in a bag and run out the door with it, and thank god akai doesn’t have any qualms about having a bunch of models out there, they’re use to that

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but this right here is making me lol irl

1 Like

A mini battery powered MPC would be fun! Kind of like a Nintendo gameboy with 16 small but playable pads as on the APC controller. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Th mpc 500 never felt like the 404 to me, it has always seemed much more straight forward than the Roland, including the 404mk2… imo their features are not brought together and exploited the same way, I do think that Roland was aiming for an mpc-esk workflow with their latest model I just don’t think they hit the mark because the legacy of the sp404 workflow is still important for them to keep. It will take more than just emulating features it’ll take emulating how you bring them together too

1 Like

Yeah that’d work for me too, I loved the old mpc studio black, I’d be happy to take a step back in time and do without the touch screen thing and have a more 1000 like os on it… SD card slot too and I’d be well happy…

1 Like

these keep calling me. i even think about giving the mk2 a go since someone was kind enough to do this legwork (and its a fairly manageable size):

must. resist. another. new. project.

1 Like

for everyone catching feelings… akai feels for you…

and if you get an MPC X SE here is something nice to sample with it.

I might set up a Kickstarter for a lavish coffee table book of YouTube synth channel thumbnails. 20% rebate if you review the book on YouTube with a thumbnail of you holding it. No, wait, 15%.

10 Likes

I wonder if on the MPC X SE they fixed the bug that prevents you from soloing over the top of a muted program with that same program… I neeeeeeeed that capability back Dan!!!

I’m only interested if you can get it published by Taschen

2 Likes

I looked everywhere and I can’t find the video or pdf where he was praising the Mpc x. I own almost every f9 library and it wasn’t in the pdf. I checked point blank music school, it must be on someone else’s channel somewhere.

All I can say is “trust me bro”

1 Like

Speaking of rumors. Bolo said the MPC One was discontinued. True?

Looks like it. ZZounds and Amazon used to carry it all the time

A new MPC One MK2 is on its way. More ram, wifi only (no more ethernet), and it comes in the color red. MPC One MK1 is phased out/discontinued.

who is that guy at akai who keeps putting red on everything, they hiring ex supreme employees overthere or what, they doin too much :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Ha! Yep, The gui with all the red. Wished it was customizable.

1 Like

No it isn’t discontinued, nor phased out right now. There is no official info saying so. The One MKII could be released in 6 months, a years, you don’t know that.

I’m all for WIFI but getting rid of the ethernet plug is just dumb.

By the way, if you own a One MKI and a phone, you can get fully functioning WIFI on it by plugging a cellphone that supports USB WIFI tethering already, no need to rush getting the MKII when it’s out only for the WIFI.

3 Likes

okay finally the new portable mpc has been announced :sob:

I love technology, I love the concept of advancing technology, and the promise of the good that can come from technological advancements… but… one thing I wish Futurist could understand is that as a musician I don’t enjoy the vision of the future that envisions or encapsulates everything about the future of music making and creation into a window wiper methodology… I don’t want to “swipe” everything when I’m trying to play an instrument and I don’t want to dress like mel gibson in mad max in uncomfortable leather and spikes from head to toe just because it’s the future, what… they don’t have any comfortable jeans in the future, what about a nice sweatsuit or two nothing like that available?.. and why do I have to buy my Chinese food from someone with a flying rickshaw, I get that Rickshaws were prevalent in society hundreds of years ago but they’ve been driving all kinds of vehicles in china since then, shouldn’t the posterchild of the future of chinese mobility be something other than a cart that you are supposed to pull by hand…you’d think that once flying cars are standard that the rickshaw handles would be unnecessary and the operator would be able to just kick back and ride, I mean it is floating in the air after all … I don’t get it.

I mean what part of minority report looked fun, tom cruise didn’t look like he was having a good time he looked like he was having a nightmare, and I would too if I had to slice up my samples like that FFS

2 Likes

Just wait and see man. It will be out soon, as in within the next few months soon, not years soon.

As far as being phased out discontinued…sure does seem out of stock/discontinued in most major stores…

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/akai-professional-mpc-one-standalone-music-production-center

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCOne--akai-professional-mpc-one-standalone-sampler-and-sequencer

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1540225-REG/akai_professional_mpc_one_standalone_music.html