Akai Rumours

Akai = red in Japanese

Really? I always thought that Akai = evil in Japanese.

2 Likes

Nope just red. That’s why the logo was red for so long. I believe even their consumer electronics had a red logo too.

1 Like

Also key is the confidentiality fee. Apple (and every other cell phone maker) keeps a tight lid on products until they are announced - that’s how.

2 Likes

but both apple and akai have had leaks that have come to fruition… I don’t think the sample kings guy cares about when the release is coming so much as that he’s trying to prove that there is a release on the table… anyway no matter when they release that ugly red mpc will not be coming home with me

6 Likes

They release that MPC mini yet?

5 Likes

when they do I will be throwing elbows to get it :smile:

2 Likes

Even if it’s in red?

3 Likes

even if it’s in red :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

MPCCCP: Red, but also all samples are now free.

8 Likes

The samples are collectively organised. FTFY :slight_smile:

5 Likes

9 Likes

I’m secretly rooting for akai to drop the MPC Studio SE in place of these One rumors, just to hear the collective disappoint.
(with the 100$ price increase as well)

2 Likes

But the files get corrupted, in the end.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re in such denial haha. It’s discontinued for the MK2, really isn’t some wild conspiracy or far fetched idea. The worlds most popular music store now has it listed as discontinued as well. This isn’t a back ordered situation, if it was, thomann would just have some arbitrary amount of weeks till it’s available on its product page. They only do this if it’s fully discontinued from the manufacturer.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/akai_mpc_one.htm

1 Like

Everything is a conspiracy

1 Like

Also, the big difference between the new X SE is that it’s got as much RAM as the keys. Given how much memory some of the new plugins use it makes complete sense that they’d refresh the rest of the line too. And when they do that, I’ll get someone’s old One for like 300 dollars. It’ll be great. Don’t ruin this for me.

13 Likes

don’t broadcast my plans to the world, why do you think I got this dumb aluminum hat on?

5 Likes

The real conspiracy is there are no conspiracies. Conspiracies are a conspiracy to keep conspiracy theorists looking the wrong way… wait…

1 Like