Akai Rumours

I love my Live 1

Beets are actually very healthy. I often am working on beats as I drink my beets. Drink beets, tweak beats, repeat.

3 Likes

I did too, till the finish started to fail.

the finish? damn… how fast are you finger drumming… I would have waited to see if it began to form a patina like an old truck jk of course

2 Likes

That rubber coating gets sticky quick and it’s a mess to deal with. Pads all good though.

1 Like

ugh, sounds like a bad kind of sticky

2 Likes

It’s Bill Hicks for Orange Drink…

2 Likes

just watch out for kidney stones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

7 Likes

My money is on a Timbre Wolf plugin, Dan is going to demo it again, this time he won’t have to worry about the tuning drifting all over the place as it is obviously digital emulation, although there will be a instability mode to turn drift on for that classic feel, or just to annoy your audience/friends/mum.

12 Likes

I like Dante Hicks for Chewleys gum.

2 Likes

But do you like off-brand sandstorm?

2 Likes

I like that muzack sandstorm you hear in the Nordstrom elevator because you’re too lazy to take the stairs and you’re too old to drop a beat in that dirty foodcourt bathroom.

1 Like

D-dont s-say that!

2 Likes

I’d be very interested in a full size MPC Retro, 12 and 16 bit sampling, 8 analog filters, 8 stereo outs, modern OS, FX, and Storage options. Sound packs from Pete Rock, RZA, DJ Shadow, Eric B, and Premier

Sadly it will probably some new VST hardware host with a grid pad

5 Likes

It is the one mk2. The xl doesn’t have an area like that, and the mini live is probably not ready yet.

1 Like

If it is hardware, it will run the same software. If it is software, it will run on all of the hardware.

2 Likes

Akai Studio Desk Live Field

(It’s a thing!)

4 Likes

is it wireless?

Ofc with a 24 hrs battery