Analog Heat

Wonder if it can self-oscillate and feedback for sweet harmonic goodness …:blush:

Yeah, it does sound good i’ll give it that

And with all Elektron boxes there’s a bit of menu diving…

There’s already a lot accessible on the face. Those 4 pots could possibly do a lot more…

On the OB section of the Heat page, there’s a “Fast, Medium, Slow” under some crazy spectrum analysis…anyone care to guess?

Manual please.

1 Like

It appears to be beneath a waveform analysis graphic. So perhaps graphic update frequency?
My other guess is OB buffer.

Really? That’s interesting to hear. I used a Culture Vulture for a few hours in a studio once and it floored me. Sounded incredible and seemed like infinite sounds could be achieved just by tweaking around. Been wanting one ever since but had to prioritise spends elsewhere.
My experience was with a guitar tho… I’ve never heard synths/drums/sampler through one.

Sssshhhh…I’m imagining attack/release times. :grin:

1 Like

Acoustic Chill

This could be very good.

Pros: envelope follower, price, potential for customizable control

Cons: probably stereo only instead of switchable stereo/dual mono, slightly awkward (for me) desktop form factor (wish it were wedge-shaped or rack mountable)

But I would probably need to try it out in person before buying.

Please tell me you will implement a digital reverb/delay in the software update… pretty please

2 Likes

What makes me nervous is: this seems like the beginning stages of the OT2 but delivered piece by piece like some horror hostage negotiation

8 Likes

:heat: :heat: :heat:

7 Likes

Can I try it?

1 Like

Like you my best experience with it was using bass guitar. I didn’t have much success with synths real or vst. Its almost double the price of Heat but imho far less versatile and doesnt sound as good.

1 Like

i also thought something like this…
the OT is so big and has many ways to use…
if put all in one box again… it will have the same problem
if put all in one box and make it all analog it will not fit in one box or the box has to be bigger
if put in one box, people that are interested in a few smaller parts will not buy because of the price

So make 5 smaller boxes
all analog, all simple to use…
and create a 2500 euro ‘modular’ OT

Im glad it is black.

1 Like

This looks fantastic!
Way to go Elektron, make as many variations as possible.
Verbs, Delays, Resonators, etc etc.
Dark Trinitys everywhere will be making babies.
:3lektron::3lektron::3lektron:

4 Likes

Off question: will other Analog gears also get software/OB update to use them as a sound card in Windows in the near future? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a pretty legit idea, actually.

Works pretty well for me in Logic X on a mid-2013 MBP running Yosemite.

Able to record multiple streams from A4 + RYTM (+other stuff through MOTU i/o) simultaneously.

There should’ve been better documentation sure but it didn’t take too long to figure out a nice template project in Logic that’d play nice with the Elektrons.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I suppose I should aim to build the OT via modular system at some point. But slicing? Initialize audio point from the 8 outs of the MPC?