Analog Heat

Same for me, I was looking for an Elysia karacter already and it was one of the cheapest ways to get analog saturation/distortion in stereo. This seems a better deal and smaller.

I would have liked they included a delay too, but maybe a delay box is coming after this.

Aha, a distortion-Box.
First time a new elektron-box, that is not a senseation.
No G.A.S. Sorry.
Disappointet…

tm

come on naysayers, this is a next level p lockable (with :elmm: :elot:) mutation station. i cant wait to see the depth of those 4 control knobs and scope within the amp, filt, env, lfo pages. will the env trigger the heat around the sound? is the filt/eq page giving enhanced edibility of the main eq and filter?

me want, where’s the science lab to win one from the first batch?

I actually think this might be a good alternative to the RYTM for some people. The RYTM’s main appeal to me was processing samples with the filters and overdrive. Now, instead of having to convert mono samples into little usable chunks to put inside the RYTM to be processed, one can process all types of stereo audio signals, and with a much wider palette of overdrive/distortion tones.

6 Likes

I agree, really looking forward to see how the machine can be implemented.

“As you can hear, the LFO’s on the Analog Heat are very important.”

1 Like

I want to hear Cenk say the word “parameter” 10 times in a row.

8 Likes

OK so there is an envelope-follower and any other type of ??envelope?? triggered by what exactly? Incomming midi- or cv-signals? Or is there, if it is a normal ADSR, a looping-mechanism, or at last some sort of hidden simple-sequencer?

I need a manual of that thing before i’m going to heaten up myself

2 Likes

Curious how this will compare to the distortion and filter in the other analog units, and if the eq is analog or digital. And if they will implement the Live mode for Overbridge at release to fight off that damn latency. 24ms is a lot when playing guitar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hearing you say this makes me immediately think of pairing this with a toraiz

?

1 Like

The more I think about how this new box fits with the existing elektron’s, the more it makes sense. Sidstations, machinedrums, monomanchines, octas, they’ll all love the heat

hmm, and what if you can use this new box also for controlling the legacy elektrons via OB automation? That would be interesting.

It’s also good that new OB products are getting released. This will make the emphasis into getting OB tech really mature and reliable (for all platforms) even stronger.

1 Like

I called this month ago. What do I win???

1 Like

Seems a bit of a shame not to throw in the digital FX (especially the Supervoid reverb!) from the analog series just to make this a bit more well rounded.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it must be possible to use the Analog Four/Keys control-voltage output to drive the control-voltage input of this box, thereby parameter-locking whatever its FX might be controllable…

I was thinking the same thing, but realized I can actually get some really nice saturation/overdrive using the DSI filter already onboard.

@Accent you get listened to a bit more when the next too-long-tease happens

4 Likes

but is the filter-overdrive processing order fixed on the toraiz? If it is, this might be more flexible.

This :+1: . Looking at the specs made me confident that it should be possible? :pray:

it will be possible, 5 volt peak-to-peak cv is stated in the specs

2 Likes

This is definitely more flexible; there no dry/wet mix on the Toraiz for starters. I like how it sounds fully wet at more subtle settings anyhow. It’s just a question of if there’s enough value in what the AH has to offer beyond what I already have.