Analog rack synths

Wondering are there any cool analog rack synths (any synth which can be mounted into 19 rack case )?

Maybe I’ve missed some 2U - 5U monsters with front panel controls, knobs, maybe some patch points. Better with cool and clever UI design and raw sound. Mono or poly, new or vintage, doesn’t matter.

Maybe something with SEM architecture, or with vintage Roland SH “liquid” filter (actually SH-2 in a rack would be killer ). Maybe something more - percussive / sfx oriented.

I really liked Analog Solutions Leipzig V3, raw sound but maybe a bit too simple.

Studio Elektronics SE-1X and 3X are killer

Black Corp xerxex and kijimi are cool but too pricy for what they are I think

So thinking into this direction… please suggest some cool stuff : )

1 Like

Bass Station rack or Super Bass Station maybe?

3 Likes

Besides the ones you mentioned:

Studio Electronics ATC-1… which I believe had the SEM filter as a cartridge option!

Roland MKS-30/50/70… classic Juno and JX sounds. iPad editors make them much smarter these days.

Oberheim Matrix 6R and 1000… still a great sound, modern editors as well.

Moog Slim Phatty and Minitaur w/rackmount kits… Behringers also.

Prophet 08 module… newer Rev2’s and other Sequentials are too wide. Prophet 12 once had the rack ears as an option but are super hard to find (I tried when I had one…)

Novation Peak… but a hybrid technically.

…and lastly you can rackmount the 60hp Moog synths and anything euro format in 3U of space, which opens up a TON of options.

2 Likes

Oh and this might be a little obvious but I haven’t seen many peeps do it… Analog Four :+1:

(old pic)

2 Likes

All of the Behringer Monos can be rack mounted. They sell both sizes of rack ears to do the job

2 Likes

Deepmind 12D as well.

3 Likes

Yeah I forgot it’s rack mountable. It’s one that keeps piquing my attention. I do intend to get one at some point

1 Like

Rare and probably expensive if you can find one and hardly anything in the way of UI. But four stereo outs, 1 for each voice, stereo input. A pretty unique synth

6 Likes

agh yes, this is something I wouldn’t mind to see here! as well as maybe OB-6 desktop, but they are wider than 19’ case I guess…

Eurorack to 19 rack sounds fun!
Are they just “frames”, or real cases with power and stuff?

1 Like

this would be quite enough for me too…

6 Likes

TipTop makes the most common powered ones, but you can get just the rackmount sides and rails separately too.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HappyEndSV--tiptop-audio-happy-ending-kit-silver

Voyetra 8

7 Likes

Inobtanium and from what I remember reading about it, practically unrepearable

Waldorf Pulse

Erica Synths Syntrx
Behringer 2600

4 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I p/ued a Roland MKS-50 a few weeks ago. It’s a hybrid DCO/VCA/VCA - a rack version of the Alpha Juno 2. Suprisingly large sounding for one oscillator.

1 Like

As seen in the Perfect Kiss video. One minute in.

I recommend the 2600 as well. Every day with the Blue Marvin is a new adventure.

3 Likes

Without controller?