Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

probably thinking of the OT versions

1 Like

Not since I sold the suit :stuck_out_tongue:
Although an all white Trinity MKII would look REALLY KEWL, I much prefer black.

2 Likes

MKII-ALT :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Question: If I just bought an Octatrack MK 2 and have 7 days left to return it, whatā€™s my play?

Iā€™ll keep my gray rytm. But do I return the OT in hopes of an update? Would be bad timingā€¦

Some thoughts:

Are they nice looking? Yes
Is this an underwhelming release from Elektron? Iā€™d say very much so
Would I replace my mk2ā€™s for the colour swap? No

Are they planning on Octa mk3 in the same form factor? I really hope so, as a new dark trinity wouild be so good. Even better, add a new MD to the mix and have a dark quartet!

Why did they not do something meaningful, like upgrade those terrible pads on the AR??

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping that this will also lead to the release of new machines for the RYTM.

4 Likes

If they had made the rytm look just how it looks now but only as thick as the model series I would buy it today.

But then how would all of that delicious warm analog circuitry fit inside, (and not overheat)?

Besides, thatā€™s a lot of I/O. I wouldnā€™t want it all to be 1/8ā€.

2 Likes

a conundrum for sure, but Iā€™m sick of literally every other form factor other than the model series, push 2, polyend tracker, mpc 500, delugeā€¦ so tired of these bricks.

They just released existing machines in a different color. No big deal. Back to making music.

10 Likes

With a fresh new Sound Pack.

1 Like

Shhhhh :wink:

3 Likes

any unboxing videos of this yet in the wild?

Keep it. Youā€™ll likely be waiting a long time, and it would most likely just be an aesthetic update.

If anyone is still keeping score, I prefer these new black versions tooā€¦ not enough to upgrade from my Mk1 Rytm or to get another A4 but stillā€¦ As others have expressed, Iā€™m also hopeful this indicates a forthcoming OT Mk.3 to create a new form-factor dark trinity.

I reckon Iā€™ll probably end up getting a Maschine+ in about 6 months so you can all look forward to the (absolutely mind bending) OT Mk3 announcement in 6 months and 2 weeks.

4 Likes

You vannor program cc messages in the sequencer if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking.

1 Like

i dont understand why people watch unboxing videos.

its someone unboxing somethingā€¦ a boxā€¦ with a thing in itā€¦ ?
though i dont watch other people play games either.
or watch other people watching other thingsā€¦
iā€™m old.

5 Likes

I think these looks really good, and if I could exchange my current machines for these, Iā€™d probably do it. Not planning on spending any money doing this though.

What is exciting for me regarding this update is that it probably means that Elektron swill continue to support the Rytm and A4 for some time to come, hopefully through some sweet OS updates, adding some much needed functionality.

1 Like

to get a better glimpse of the new color way.
also i want to check out the new sounds it has.

damn those new A4 sound examples on the website are so tasty!