Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

They’ve been busy with OB and there’s been the DK MC recently - but a facelift is not where their energy will have been, maybe the marketing/sales people - but the other employees will be doing their thing (covid obviously affected things)

Elektron selling more of these is good for everyone

1 Like

This obviously means that the DT and DN will be getting a grey paint job soon.

7 Likes

A bit meh announcing a new colour as if it’s a big deal but I guess we’ll take anything new these days.

Oddly I prefer the grey AK but much prefer the black AR.

I’m so happy !

I know i did nothing here but maybe they really read our suggestions ?

Thanks you and keep up the good work !

(But I don’t want to start a controversy)

Well yeah, I stand corrected, the Model series isn’t that old. I just hoped the good old Elektron was hiding somewhere and developing some cool big and complex boxes, like in the old days. I am sorry if I’m not super excited for a color update.

2 Likes

Damn bro, you really reach out for personal feature/revision requests with this tone?

“It would behoove of you to make this thing I want. I don’t know why you haven’t”

E: I was wrong here. Read too much into it. Wish I could say its been a shit week, but its been a shit whole year. My apologies for being tart

5 Likes

Agreed man. I really hope we see a new big box. Something completely new.

To be totally honest one of the main reasons I fell in love with Elektron is the fact that their boxes look like some ancient vhs players from my childhood. And by that I mean absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

Too early to start speculating on the next color for these machines?

Maybe something a little 70s?

You don’t have to, but if you do decide that you do want to sell and others have dropped the price on their grey MK2s, the market may not be able to bear your higher asking price.
So maybe you decide to keep it instead?

Who knows how many grey discount new MK2s will enter the market now, and how those will effect prices.

Maybe the Grey becomes more sought after if the Transformed sell like hotcakes?

Time will tell, it all remains to be seen. And then once used transformed MK2s show up on the used market, it will all change again.
But if you like what you have, you should definitely hold onto it.

Cycles too!

1 Like

Man, I’m really hoping they drop but I can kind of seem the Grey boxes becoming sought after somehow.

I’m waiting on a new unit and I won’t know until Friday or later if its black or grey. The suspense!

2 Likes

get with the nomenclature program Jay :wink:

2 Likes

whoops,

but also Model:Cycles. Don’t forget that one. :tunga: :wink:

3 Likes

they should keep both colorways in stock.
more choices is always a good thing.

just take the lyra-8 for instance.
it has four different colorways i can think of rite now. white, black, pink, green.

1 Like

White keys should be white. It’s really not much of change between the previous version. Digitone and digitakt use the buttons from the Mk IIs.
Now it’s much harder to see the keys/buttons than on the grey version.

1 Like

This is mad! They look so much better. Guessing the OT is next

I really hope they take their time. :slight_smile:
No need to rush out new gear.

1 Like

looks amazing. i think they made all the right decisions with button and text colours.

I have no intentions of selling mine so it really doesn’t matter and I’m happy with the grey,
and also like the black… that’s all speculation and remember It is just a different colour :joy:

I don’t see any discounts in my local stores?,
and I saw on another thread the prices had just gone up,
I just don’t think people should get carried away trying to devalue they grey version.

I would argue that now all we need is adjustable screen and LED brightness. I’m just not in the mood to argue!

2 Likes