Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

Great pics! Nice bikes!

Here are mine…

Pinarello Grevil+. It’s a gravel bike but also a surprisingly fast road bike with the right tires.

Specialized SL7. Currently in the shop due to the recall.

Holdsworth Competition. A modern steel road bike. Hands down, the most comfortable bike I own. And still only around 17-18lbs.

12 Likes

Crazy this isn’t it?? I saw the Canyon Aeroad debacle unfolding too throughout the last 12 months…seems to be all down to desire to get all bikes fully integrated (and non-user serviceable).

Hope it goes ok for you.

What are you using this for?

I’m tempted to get a hard tail as a commuter and weekend x-trailer…

2 Likes

I didn’t take mine apart to look at the fork so hopefully it’s just a simple part swap and i’ll be on my way. The integration on that thing is nuts. But I like the clean look.

Beautiful. Oh my.

1 Like

For anyone who rides on teh roads regularly, you should invest in a Garmin Varia radar unit. They work great. It’s probably the best thing I’ve ever bought for the bike. I will not ride without it.

1 Like

Sadly, they don’t sell them anymore.

100% agree with this, probably the single best and most valuable device I’ve added.
Crazy how vulnerable you feel not riding with it once you’ve had it.

I use this one daily to go working, my way to work is half city, half country path, 20km round trip, so i needed a versatile bike. This one is perfect for that purpose.

2 Likes

Not cool at all but I am currently looking at a folding bike for city use and to take along on short day trips.

I have no idea about the market, only know Brompton but that is directly upper ticket price. Not sure I want to spend that much at this point.

Tips?

I have 2 Tern bikes (Link and Node) and they are great folding bikes. We have had ours for about 4 years and they still ride great. Check them out.

https://www.ternbicycles.com/

2 Likes

Perfect, was looking for kid carrying solutions too. Great info, thanks.

I’ve been really close to getting an sl7 this year - ended up holding off as winter was approaching and new shimano groupsets were on the horizon - then saw the recall !!! Quite concerning seeing the rubbing and pinching on the brake hoses and grooves worn in the steerer! I may hold on a while longer and see what happens….

I wonder if those people were riding really rough roads a lot. Or maybe heavier riders.

From the photos and videos I’ve seen it looked like an annular groove from the split ring. I wonder if grit may make it worse as the top of the steerer column has pretty poor weather protection.
I think once the groove is made and can act as a stress riser then rough roads/potholes etc would increase the risk of a failure…
I wouldnt have thought weight would make much difference though…
(I’m reasonably light - 65-66kg anyway ! But the roads near me are awful - really rough, draggy and in poor condition…)

I used to have one of those Montague folding mountain bikes. The “hummer” logo was easily covered. It was actually a pretty good bike. Full sized 26” tires, front disc, good folding mechanism. If you can find one at a reasonable price it’s worth looking at.

1 Like

Probably way over budget (certainly MY budget), but I GAS for a Pedego electric folding bike

1 Like

Update from my partner :ring: :

You are too young for an Ebike Tony-man, just cycle dude!

:joy:

3 Likes

6 Likes

rigid/winter bike rebuild — the beginning

5 Likes