Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

They might just be the ticket! Those prices are fantastic too. Ideally want a pinion but if they can do me a good fitting frame that’s more important that a hub preference. Tyvm!

The real secret is that gravel bikes are just 90’s mountain bikes :rofl:

They’re even selling some now with fork steerer suspension like the “headshocks” on old cannondales

3 Likes

Here’s my touring setup from a 4 day tour I did last week :)) 1980 Raleigh Super Course 12 (which my dad bought new back in the day!). I built it out from the frame with almost all used parts. It was a fun pandemic project from last year, though as y’all here know, a bike is never “done” haha

13 Likes

Stanforth Kibo+. Steel frame made in UK. Her name is Choccy, ‘cos she’s green and black. (Green & Black’s is a brand of chocolate…)
Originally she had Jones H-bars, but I they caused me neck pain, so replaced them with these. Handling is great when loaded up front and rear.

6 Likes

My go anywhere bike. Good enough for a few Strava KOMs on the local trails, but would love to try a gravel bike on the canal and uphill fire roads, see if I can bag a few more.

3 Likes

Got tired of people choosing to walk in the bike lanes downtown here and just bought a 140dB (not a typo) bike horn.

9 Likes

My main bike, the green devil as I call it.

I’ve had it for 2 years now, done a few bikepacking trips with it and used it for my bike messenger job for over a year. Now it was time for a major upgrade, as a lot of the parts had worn down. From mid-19 to mid-20 I did about 8k, from then on 1.3-1.5k kilometers a month. You do the math.
Ordered a new hub and wheel from hope in 2020, but due to the lockdown and then brexit, the package was delayed and then held in customs until april this year. Finally got around to install it. Also replaced the bottom bracket, upgraded the creaky FSA crankset to a carbon SRAM one, went from 46-36T to 50-36T, from organic to sintered pads, and upgraded both chain and cassette to Ultegra (before I stuck to 105).

I’ve been riding colored Gravelking SKs in the back because colored wheels have a different rubber mixture and don’t rub off like an eraser on the tarmac (unlike black ones, which I had to replace monthly at 1.5k km/month), and put a Goodyear Connector in the front, both 35mm and tubeless. Got the latter for cheap at the lbs because the dude wanted to get my impression on it.

Did all the upgrades yesterday night at my old place (left my whole bicycle workshop in the basement there because my brother still lives there and I have no space at my new place). Had to readjust the front derailleur due to the bigger sprocket, realized the shift cable was fraying, and got a strand stuck in the cable guide near the hood, so I also had to replace the bar tape when I replaced the cable guide. Luckily the rear derailleur only needed to have the hanger calibrated to the new wheel and no further adjustments.

Took it out for a spin in the forest at the new place and it’s a blast to ride. No more creaking and better shifting! I forgot to let out some air from the tyres, so it was a bumpy ride :sweat_smile:

I think all in all I’ve spent more than half as much on upgrades during the two years as I’ve paid for the bike itself. The next upgrade will be the frame :rofl:

10 Likes

classic Shimano :cry:

literally half of cyclocross is cleaning/repairing your bike.

2 Likes

I also had this beauty, by far the most fun bike I have. Gave it to my gf for an undetermined period while her own bike is in the shop (some terribly heavy touring bike with an overly expensive shimano gearhub that keeps breaking). My plans worked out and she now wants to get a road bike next :smiley:

Dunno if it is actually working or just placebo, but I really like the biopace sprockets on it.

5 Likes

Getting work in while not on the trail.

3 Likes

Love my BMC.

4 Likes

Today’s gravel…

9 Likes

Cornwall ?

1 Like

Beautiful frame and awesome paintjob!

1 Like

West coast Sweden, not too far from home… the weather was great. Pouring down now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a used brompton recently because I moved to Luxembourg where public transport is for free. Gotta say I love it. I am much more mobile and don’t need a car!

9 Likes

Mostly off-roading unicycles here but I do have my classic 2-wheeler…

12 Likes

finally he is here! after 6 months of waiting, this bike is perfect!

9 Likes

Nice but show us the other side!

1 Like

The other side. It’s a specialized rockhopper comp2x.

8 Likes