Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

haha poor Canyon. they paid ungodly sums of money to get one of the biggest names in cycling on their bikes for years, and this is how he repays them:

(in fairness, he did also win three world championships on their bikes, plus some spring classics and tour stages…)

1 Like

I spent five years riding a bike around the world in the 2000s. A few pics from Central Asia I’ve got handy:

26 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

Any weather…

10 Likes

Great day!

6 Likes

Nice bikes here. Mine:

4 Likes

I’d been seriously considering picking up a VanMoof S3 for city commuting, but now that crime has been legalized here in Seattle, I’m not going to spend thousands on a bike only to have it “gifted” to a crackhead.

1 Like

Bikes are stolen a lot in Paris as well. The trick is to always park in a closed place. For that a folded bike can help

Don’t the VanMoof’s all have loads of anti-theft shit like tracking and remote disabling and shit?

Although I suppose most anti theft shit is bollocks in the hands of real thieves.

1 Like

What do you mean by that ?

I imagine he’s referring to this.

2 Likes

Crazy times…

My main getting around sled is a trek roscoe, and in the summer I tool around on my forme fixie…

It’s a collection of things that are at least interesting.
In my country, a homeless person who steals food or alcohol x times risks jail. A mentally ill or a poor person certainly risks prison more than the average income. And finally, someone at ease can transact (pay for not pay) for many things, from speeding to financial crime.
I have the impression that Seatle’s method is more logical and humanistic, however, the care and management of poverty, drug addiction and mental illness must be more specific and possibly a compensation fund must be created.
After all, drug addiction, poverty and mental illness are more or less a direct result of the direction our societies have taken, right?
Now I obviously understand that the cyclist who only finds a broken padlock in place of his bike is not happy.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s clearly well meaning, but not very well thought out legislation.

I would assume that the Courts can already take account of mitigating circumstances like mental health or homelessness when sentencing, would it not be better to make better use of existing structures in this sort of case, I dunno.

2 Likes

leaving this here… also in Germany there are already private institutions who buy flats for the homeless … because guess what: It’s cheaper in the long term (policing/crime, medical bills etc. pp.)

4 Likes

It deviated from the discussion, but I am pleasantly surprised to see some advances in societal design.
Long live the bikes.

Sorry - Didn’t mean to derail the thread. Let’s continue the bike discussion and see some more cool wheels.

rigid/winter bike rebuild – done.

6 Likes

Kona Paddy Wagon 3 speed. Best utilitarian bike I’ve had. I need another handlebar for better comfort, thinking of going bullhorn 🦬

3 Likes