Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

A vintage barnfind I just finished restoring:

19 Likes

It’s supposed to work that way, but sadly it does not. Not even close.

Basically you can have the same workout but go farther and faster.

It mostly applies to the climbs only, to cargo bikes or to really unfit people in the streets. In the flatish mild undulating areas past 25kph (in europe) it becomes an annoying dead weight and you go faster with a road bike. I believe the limit is higher in the USA so maybe it is more useful there.

Off road it definitely has more purpose. It is nice when you are living just close to a mountain. An ebike will make you climb further up the top before going back down while it would have taken you twice the time to go so high. Especially nice for quick afterwork rides where you want to have some fun downhill and you can’t cram a 3-4h ride before it goes dark.

1 Like

i think i posted in this thread already but can’t remember…

slasla vaya 2012. have had other bikes during this time but eventually sold them… the vaya stays forever. also have a $200 single speed i got a pawn shop that’s awesome for cruising around or commuting or whatever.

nice looking bikes here!

i know it’s not 2014 anymore but i’ve been spending time with this bike for the last month or so :slight_smile:

7 Likes

4 Likes

2012 Brompton S 6 Speed with Ti forks, triangle, seat post, peddles, Brooks Ti Swift saddle, lightweight custom rims and tyres, Walnut mud guards.

6 Likes

New whip! Pretty excited to go places with this one.

6 Likes

I have a few bikes.

The oldie

The trail bike

The custom bike

The Fat

The all-road bike (recently converted to 1x13)

9 Likes

Ah I miss my fat bike, I had a felt, it was great fun for beach bashing where I live, are this nexties on it or unbranded jobs, couldn’t quite run to carbon rims on mine so I settled for a set of halos rims laced to hopes… anyhow cool rig, love treks MTBs, my Roscoe is massively fun to ride…

6 Likes

I’ve got a Marin Dual Sport San Rafael that I bought around 10 years ago. At the time it was supposed to be one of the best value bikes in that price range. I don’t ride it nearly enough. Sadly the bike shop in my town closed. Odly the price for one today is the same as it was 10 years ago.

You guys have really cool bikes. Feel weird uploading the picture of my teeny bike here…

8 Likes

No fancy nature backdrop needed for my all-day steel workhorse. :grimacing:

7 Likes

If I remember correctly the wheels are from ICAN, built with novatec hubs.

This fat bike also handle cruising in family duty really well. Those huge tires are definitely not aero so riding sub 30kph is costly but the volume make them roll so well that it is surprisingly efficient in the 15-25kph range.

In the trail it is a much different ride than my full suspension trail bike. Definitely less precise and rougher on big hits but much more “analog”. Besides beach I built it because a lot of my after work riding is done on spanish dried out rivers. Ground alternate between very soft soil and rocky so it rolls much better on that kind of surface than the 29x2.5" trail tires.

my current ride…
more photos here

9 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

Nice!

I’m trying to guess the country / countries, and failing.

Give us a clue.

South half of the european divide along portugal spain and france… the bike is the sort of cheap and great sonder frontier rigid hobo bike (i Love :heart: it.)planning to start from belgium to north cap in a few days

https://europeandividetrail.com/

9 Likes