Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! that’s a dream of a trip and ride right there. WOW. so awesome on all those dirt and gravel roads, with (I’m guessing) few cars and just incredible scenery. how long did that take you? did you “credit card tour” at all (stay in hotels) or just camp out every night?

my wife and I recently drove out west and I got to ride in a few states I’d never ridden in before: Colorado, Iowa, Wyoming and Kansas (plus Indiana, but I’d ridden there a little over a decade ago). rode way more gravel than I expected to, on a road bike with rim brakes and 27mm road tires. here’s some shots:

Poorman Rd, Boulder CO:

intersection near Le Claire, Iowa:

Roger Canyon Rd, Laramie WY:

intersection near Hoisington, KS:

2 Likes

Lol i biketrip regularly, full wild camping as cheap as possible. This year im trying a new setup, tarp and hammock instead of tent and mattress… ah and an m8…

I dream mysel to do the great divide after, but grizzly/bear really afraid me… ( we have midges here, but not really the same league…)

2 Likes

I had a digitakt and hd 25 in my bag when making corsica tour long time ago… m8 better suited i think

Tender extra+, not made for long hikes but perfect for the city :blush:

8 Likes

I found that dirt jump bike for cheap in my area, bought it thinking I will try it and sell it making a little profit, But I kept it.
This bike is so fun, very handy, this is my first dirt jump bike and I have a lot of fun with it, riding the city, jumping at the bike park.
I put a long seatpost and a real rail saddle so I can put it high and ride comfortably between 2 spots.

6 Likes

About 12 years ago I spent some time living in Negros in the Philippines and occasionally whilst travelling on motor tricycle from vilage to village I would see young men riding bikes with frames they’d obviously constructed themselves. Enormously high, the saddle would be over six feet off the ground and the handlebars were much lower than the saddle so the rider would be in the most ridiculous and unsafe position… all just for daring and the amusement and amazement of onlookers. I wish I could have got a picture but I never had a camera ready when it happened. Sadly this phenomenon diminished after more “safety” regulations came in.

3 Likes

6 Likes

an all steel Indy Fab with rim brakes and tubulars! :raised_hands:

love it! Club Racer or Crown Jewel? I’ve got a CR and ADORE it.

1 Like

Crown Jewel. Rides like a dream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m returning to bicycle touring with my friends. This photo is from the last week’s two day trip, tomorrow we’re leaving on a three day trip.
This time I’ll take my OP-Z with me for some road tunes.

4 Likes

Midlife crisis is hitting me hard and so i try to get down basic tricks with this one, it’s tough though:)

10 Likes

Not trying to be pedant but right terminology is seatpost.

Good idea about mounting a large one, I also saw some BMX riders using seatpost extenders to ride to the BMX park comfortably seated. They would just remove the extender once there.

1 Like

Yes right, thanks! My english is pretty limited about technical terminology…

Open Wide.

10 Likes

My bikes :biking_man:

7 Likes

some changes are coming …

1 Like

Just installed two bottle cages on the fork. Cycling in +35 takes all the water you can get.

I’ve had this for 19 years.

4 Likes

lots of bikepacking love here, so I’ll throw some pics of my other rig from a Austria-Bavaria trip, 1.2k km on a SSR Santa Cruz Chameleon, a tough one for sure but the beers and sausages kept us going :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I still have an old Kona Roast, similar amount of time… it’s been a work horse!

5 Likes