Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

Yours is in nice condition.

1 Like

I spent my puberty riding BMX, man that was fun! I was thinking about getting back into it

3 Likes

bikepacking Europe on my kona unit x

12 Likes

That bike is like Triggers broom…

It’s had heaps of use over the years so most parts have been replaced many times.

The only original parts are the frame and the forks. Those forks haven’t been serviced ever and they still do the same average job they did when the bike was new.

Nice frame-bag… Must be made-to-measure? Can I ask where you got it?

On the first day of our three day trip.

7 Likes

Timtas.nl!

1 Like

Have this beater for getting me around, really enjoy it for urban riding even here in Stockholm with some hills and bridges to cross. Been slowly swapping parts for a few years, might get another frame when I find a nice crankset and chainring, or just ride this frame for as long as it lasts :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A few weeks ago bought this one second hand. For commuting to my new job (almost 30km one way)

18 Likes

Would love to try out a velomobile.

2 Likes

I’d love to try one of these too.
What’s your average cruising speed in it for your commute?
And what do you feel the speed difference is to an average road bike for the same effort output?

2 Likes

My average on my commute is just above 30 km/h. That’s about 2/3 on small roads and 1/3 in city on bicycle lane with lot of other (much slower) cyclists. In the 2/3 on small roads it’s easy to go 35-40 km/h with some parts even more (sometimes 50!). And the direction of the wind doesn’t matter :sweat_smile:
I would say it’s about 5-10 km/h faster with less effort.

4 Likes

I really just try to get down basics like bunny hop and grinds, a couple of days ago i managed to grind for the first time, not exactly long and with style but it’s a start :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed ftw💪

1 Like

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:
What a beautiful thing.
Dude if you happen to come to the Belgian Ardennes to ride a bike with it, come by my house I’ll offer you refreshments, I’d really like to see it in person. On the other hand, you have to like climbing a lot… :neutral_face:.
I watched videos it looks so good.
A little expensive to be really popular but I would like to see it everywhere on the roads.

1 Like

Thanks! Who knows i’ll come by someday :slight_smile: climbing is not it’s core thing. But downhill on the other hand :grin: Yes new ones are indeed expensive. I had a good second hand deal. I live near Arnhem (Netherlands)

1 Like

old one and new one. falling in love again with cycling now that I’m able to travel much further than with the fixed one which I had for the last 8 years or so.

4 Likes

Those are oval chainrings?? Never use, dont know anyone irl that use them… are you sure they make a difference ???

I used doval rings for a couple of years and they were surprisingly good, they were noticeably better for climbing I found…

1 Like

yes, those are oval.
not sure yet whether they make the difference, that’s what i want to validate.

1 Like