Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

not that i want to say it’s better than sex … but i would say – as good as

4 Likes

Here’s my bikepacking rig

Just got back from doing the Cairngorms loop in Scotland :slight_smile:

11 Likes

9 Likes

Not sure I really consider myself a ‘cyclist,’ but I’m happiest when this vehicle contains a kid, a woman and a BBQ.

11 Likes

Claud Butler Cirrus my favourite ever bicycle……

4 Likes

5 Likes

Every time I see a 20" city bike it makes me want a Cannondale hooligan… Rare as hen’s teeth now and they always fetch top dollar…

1 Like

totally… those things look so fun to ride. by contrast, my 1988 GT pro freestyle tour is not very fun to cruise around on for this old man body.

1 Like

On my Rad Mini 4 at Boom Festival 2022.

9 Likes

Haha that’s a dope sled though, to be honest I’d probably have a shed full of bikes given the opportunity, the most I ever owned at one time was six… I’ve toyed over and over with getting back some of the bikes I had as a kid, I spose if I had to pick a “unicorn” bike for me it would be one of the old skyway bmx bikes like this one… one of my mates had one and damn I was envious…

7 Likes

Hey,
I got me a new gravelbike and I love it. Now I think about getting a 2nd race bike.

8 Likes

Dope paintjob👍

1 Like

hello fellow boomer! how was this edition for you cycling there in that heat?

1 Like

nice ride, is that fixed gear or ss?

1 Like

yes, i’m right there with you. my grail bike was a toss up between those skyways or maybe a haro master. i bought my GT with my own money in 1988 but got a discount because it’s actually a 1987 model. one of these days i’ll refurbish it. it’s in good shape, just heavy as hell. i have no idea how adults ride bmx bikes. despite being fit and able, riding those small frames make me feel like my body is collapsing in on itself.

It’s fixed in the photo, but now neutere—- single-speeded. The fixed possibility is still on the flipflop, so I might go back some time :slight_smile:

It’s an On-One Il Pompino frame with various parts. Rides really nicely!

1 Like

I’d do Redline RL22 :+1:t6:

but I was ass at bmx. Couldn’t bunny hop to save my life. Endo city. Thank goodness I got into skating. Had I bought a proper bmx instead, I may be dead

1 Like

My skills weren’t up to much either, I could do basic freestyle stuff, hops, paddle flips, 180s into roll back etc… definitely 80s skills, got my first bmx in 83, it was one of these, paid for it with my paper route money, got it from my nans catalogue…:rofl:

4 Likes

The heat was insane. The bike helped a lot, it saved me hours of walking under the melting hot sun. The fat tires were outstanding on Boomland’s terrain. Felt like I’m using a cheat code.

Definitely bringing it next year!

1 Like

Xmas ‘85, I was praying for a Super Tuff Burner to turn up Xmas morning… instead I got a Scorpion Breakdancer. I still have no idea how my folks missed the intense 6 months of Super Tuff hints, and less idea how they came to get the bike they did.
I did like it though… even if it did weight about the same as a Mini Metro.

7 Likes